Assistant Finance Director | Village of Lincolnwood
Posted on Oct 5, 2023
The Village of Lincolnwood seeks an Assistant Finance Director to perform a variety of financial, analytical and technical duties. This position is responsible for the day-to-day administration of department functions including managing 3 employees. Responsibilities include Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, budgeting, payroll, cash management, investments and debt management. The successful candidate will be creative and adept at multi-tasking. This position reports to the Director of Finance and has regular interactions with other Departments. GFOA recognized Lincolnwood prides itself on meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting and transparency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains and reconciles general ledger and all subsidiary ledgers in an accurate and proficient manner including preparing monthly financial reports.
- Manages the accounting and administration for the Village’s payroll and accounts payable systems, including maintenance of data files, general ledger, and subsequent journal entries, prepares quarterly payroll tax returns, and W-2 reconciliation; ensures accurate submission of monthly payroll reports.
- Coordinates Village’s annual budget process and forecasting.
- Collaborates with departments in the preparation of the Capital Improvement Budget.
- Manages the Village’s annual audit process.
- Oversees and coordinates preparation of annual financial reports to be included in the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (AFR)
- Assists with TIF District administration.
- Supports the Finance Director with special projects and acts as a back-up in their absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, accounting, finance, business or closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years combined accounting/financial and supervisory management experience.
- Strong work ethic. Excellent customer service skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Provide effective leadership and maintain harmonious relationships with the department.
- Governmental accounting and/or financial work preferred.
- Master’s degree and CPA license preferred.
Hours and Compensation:
The hiring range is $109,180 - $131,015DOQ. The salary range is $109,180 - $152,852. The Village provides a comprehensive benefit packaging including medical, dental, and life insurance, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund Pension, Mission Square retirement plans, paid sick, vacation, and holiday time.
Village of Lincolnwood
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
How to apply
To Apply: Complete the employment application at www.lincolnwoodil.org/employment. The Village will continue to accept applications until November 6, 2023. Qualified candidates will be interviewed as applications are received.
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.