Assistant Finance Director | Village of Morton Grove
The Village of Morton Grove, Illinois (pop. 25,195) is a mature near-north suburb of Chicago with immediate access to interstate, public transit, and recreational trail networks. Residents enjoy the comforts of suburban living, access to 400 acres of Cook County Forest Preserves, a mix of small businesses and national retailers, a short commute to Chicago’s Loop, and a community rich in diversity. Today, over 40% of residents were born outside of the United States, an increase of over 7% since 2000.
The Village is seeking an Assistant Finance Director to assist the Finance Director with a variety of accounting, payroll, budget preparation, supervision, records management, auditing and other operational functions. The Assistant Finance Director also works closely with other Village departments in budgeting, bidding and purchasing, auditing and reconciliation, preparation of reports and assisting with the review and management of employee health and insurance benefits.
The Assistant Finance Director will, under the direction of the Finance Director:
- Assist the Finance Director with various duties, including accounting and financial reporting, budgeting, and cash management.
- Supervise clerical staff performance of operational duties including accounts payable, utility billing, payroll and special projects.
- Supervise and modify front desk operations including customer service processes and respond to customer inquiries and complaints.
- Manage the annual audit.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field from an accredited college or university and have a minimum of 5 years experience in a government finance related field. The following knowledge, skills and abilities are required:
Knowledge, skills and experience in generally accepted accounting principles; use of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel) and Adobe; customer service; understanding various municipal pension and health & benefit programs; organization; fluency in English required.
- Clear and professional writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgement.
- Ability to effectively problem solve and to prioritize and multitask to meet objectives and established deadlines
- Ability to work with the Village’s ERP to become in-house expert of the financial module
- Ability to develop functional skills related to utilizing other Village software specific to departments/tasks in which responsibilities lie. (i.e. Freedom of Information software, ticket & code enforcement software and other finance software).
Salary range $101,065 - $130,738 DOQ. IMRF pension and excellent benefit package included.
Village of Morton Grove
, 0 60053
How to apply
Applications may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to:
Village of Morton Grove
Attn: Human Resources
6101 Capulina Avenue
Morton Grove, Illinois 60053
The Village of Morton Grove is an Equal Opportunity employer.
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.