Business Services Manager | Skokie Park District
Posted on Feb 23, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
The Skokie Park District team is growing! We have a newly created Business Services Manager opportunity! Reporting to the Superintendent of Business Services, this individual will be responsible for assisting with department budget planning, accounting, reporting systems, fixed assets, inventory controls, credit card processing, special projects, and internal/external customer service. Acts as an assistant to the Superintendent of Business Services.
Essential Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Makes operational and policy recommendations to the Superintendent of Business Services to enhance the smooth delivery of business systems services District-wide.
- Works with the Accounting Manager, accounts payable, and other accounting personnel.
- Prepares basic data, income, and expense reports on a monthly basis with assistance from division heads.
- Assists in the development and monitoring and controls of the annual operating budget.
- Assists the Superintendent of Business Services with audit preparation.
- Assists the Superintendent of Business Services with Federal, State and local filings.
- Assists the Superintendent of Business Services with the bond process.
- Reconciles the monthly credit card bills for American Express and Visa, matches receipts with statement charges.
- Assists in the implementation of District contracts.
- Assists in the preparation of short and long range financial planning.
- Performs internal audit functions with special emphasis on cash receipts, cash reports and cash controls.
- Responsible for maintaining the fixed assets ledger including the PDRMA property insurance valuations program.
- Processes the biweekly, quarterly and yearly payroll tax returns.
- Manages the "Positive Pay" bank program.
- Issues daily and weekly cash, check and charge reports and submits to the Superintendent of Business Services.
- Oversees purchasing; approves and processes all district purchase orders.
- Fully understands and is proficient in the use of the District's software programs including MSI, RecTrac, WebTrac, UKG/Kronos HRIS and other financial software programs.
- Acts as a liaison between other departments/divisions and Business Services during the implementation of new procedures and any procedural questions that need to be addressed that fall under assigned Business Services responsibilities.
- Works cooperatively and effectively with other Business Services staff including the Director of Human Resources, Payroll and HR Coordinator, Director of I.T. and Executive Administrative Assistant on projects.
- Serves on assigned committees.
Who we’re looking for:
Individual with Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, governmental accounting or related field. Five years relevant experience in a supervisory role as a Business Manager, Controller, Auditor, Accounting Manager or a related field. Prefer Certified Professional Accounting Certification (CPA) or an individual working on obtaining CPA. Must obtain current CPR/AED certification. Valid IL driver’s license required.
Pay: $75,000 - $85,000 DOQ
Benefits: In exchange for your talent we offer competitive benefits including:
- BCBSIL Health Insurance (PPO and HMO Options Available)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance (Paid for by the Park District up to 2.5x your annual salary)
- Pension Plan (IMRF)
- Short Term Disability (IMRF)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Holiday, Sick)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Facility Usage Benefits (gym membership, golf memberships, program discounts, etc.)
Skokie Park District
Location9300 Weber Park Place
Skokie, IL 60077
How to apply
Apply online here: https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6180292.careers?ApplyToJob=470205644
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.