Capital Planning Coordinator | Village of Schaumburg
Posted on Nov 14, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court, Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 78,723 residents located 11 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of Chicago. Not only is Schaumburg the twelfth-largest community in the State of Illinois, but it is also home to the second-largest concentration of retail, office, and commercial activity. Notable village distinctions include being rated as an excellent or good place to live by 95% of respondents in the National Community Survey; having multiple highly-awarded and accredited departments; and being recognized as a Better Business Town by The Better Business Bureau of Chicago and Northern Illinois.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in 12 departments, including police, fire, engineering and public works, communications, community development, cultural services, economic development, finance, general government, human resources, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Capital Planning Coordinator (Engineering & Public Works)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $92,462.00 - $102,868.00 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $92,462.00 - $134,084.00.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position is responsible for the development and monitoring all Engineering and Public Works’ capital projects within the annual Capital Improvement Program (CIP). This includes identifying, securing, and tracking the receipt of capital grants, project expenses, and capital project progress. This position regularly serves as the division’s liaison with internal and external stakeholders, and governmental agencies and will be responsible for administering functions related to the Engineering and Public Works (EPW) annual operating budget and assisting the Village Manager’s Office, Director of Engineering and Public Works, Engineering Division Manager and Project Managers with analyzing data, producing reports, and monitoring the use of funds, as necessary.
1. Coordinates the development of the annual capital budget submittal for EPW to include in the 5-year CIP. Assists various operating divisions in the coordination and preparation of short- and long-range infrastructure management planning for village-owned infrastructure and recommends these plans for inclusion into the annual Capital Improvement Program.
2. Develops, implements, monitors, and modifies procedures and administrative monitoring practices for capital project development and operating budget functions. Analyzes budget monitoring and financial reporting and provides managers with expenditures and revenue snapshots and trends including practical options for potential cost overruns and budget balancing.
3. Leads grant procurement and capital funding efforts for Public Works’ infrastructure accessibility, and right of way (ROW) projects.
4. Coordinates with staff in related departments and the Village Manager’s Office, as needed. Works with project staff and the Finance Department to ensure the timely use of funds, manages expenditures to ensure compliance with funding restrictions, and prepares necessary reports.
5. Develops financial analysis of EPW capital programs. Works with staff to communicate the funding and scheduling needs of our capital programs. Assists with the management of the budget submissions for EPW Operations by analyzing prior year expenditures, aligning the budget with Department goals, objectives, and programs; making recommendations to management based on the analyses; and developing budget line-item narratives to justify requests.
6. Coordinates State, County, and other agency public projects located in and adjacent to the village with representatives of these agencies.
7. Coordinates with the Transportation Department to develop recommended projects for potential federal funding through the Northwest Municipal Conference Transportation Technical Committee.
8. Prepares, reviews, and presents agenda items for the EPW Committee, Village Board, and any other committee as required or as directed.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, finance, urban planning, public administration, or related field.
2. A minimum of three years of increasingly responsible professional-level budget and analytical experience in a governmental or related organization.
3. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
4. Proficiency with current computer technology, job-specific software, and customer service systems.
Village of Schaumburg
LocationEngineering and Public Works
Schaumburg, IL 60193
How to apply
Please apply on line http://www.schaumburg.com/hiring.
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.