Finance Manager | Arlington Heights Memorial Library
Posted on Aug 25, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
We are seeking a skilled Finance Manager to oversee all aspects of Finance strategy, practices and processes in accordance with governmental regulations, library policy & generally accepted accounting principles.
- Plan, coordinate and ensure preparation of annual budget. Implement systematic budget review process and monitor status of funds and spending patterns. Track staffing activity and provide budget recommendations for personnel related costs in accordance with guidance from the Board of Library Trustees and Illinois Library Association recommendations.
- Project library’s financial position and prepare reports to forecast short- and long-term financial planning. Prepare financial statements. Provide input on capital project planning and expenditures. Provide ongoing and special financial and budgetary reports that inform problem solving and decision-making. Manage year-end closing. Plan and ensure completion of annual auditing process.
- Liaise with the Village of Arlington Heights Finance department on financial matters including management of the library's participation in insurance plans
- Identify and implement operational improvements in budgeting, planning and financial operations
- Hire, train and manage performance of finance staff to ensure delivery of services including check requests, travel reimbursement, purchase orders, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, vendor invoices, transfer of funds, payroll and asset/depreciation records
- Support management by providing finance direction, advice and counsel
- Review, revise and recommend finance policies and procedures
- As member of library management team (LMT), identify issues, opportunities and solutions across the library. Actively collaborate with managers and staff in project management.
- Manage and maintain the library’s liability, worker’s compensation, builder’s and other general insurance.
- Communicate through action the desired Culture of our library
- 8-10 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local financial and labor regulations, including GASB compliance
- High level of proficiency in Excel including v-lookup, pivot tables, mail merge, etc.
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as highly effective collaboration skills
- Ability to apply technology to improve services and work processes
- Experience managing timekeeping & payroll and utilizing financial software
- Experience in a governmental agency and supervising staff preferred
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required
Hours: Full time position 37.5 hours/week
Benefits: Health, dental & vision insurance, 4 weeks vacation plus personal leave, 12 paid holidays, Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension plan and availability of 457/Roth savings plan.
Arlington Heights Memorial Library
500 N Dunton Ave
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
How to apply
|Arlington Heights Memorial Library
|Arlington Heights, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.