Finance Manager | Park District of Oak Park
Posted on Jul 5, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
In partnership with the community, we enrich lives by providing meaningful experiences through programs, parks and facilities.
The Finance manager is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Finance. The compensation has a starting salary of $63,360. Our benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 457 plan(s), IMRF Pension, tuition reimbursement, professional training opportunities, vacation, holidays, sick time and personal days. The work schedule is primarily Monday - Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm with working evenings and weekends based on business needs. (e.g. attend various board meetings)
The Finance Manager position manages the day-to-day accounting, budgeting and cash management functions of the District.
- Responsible for the operation of all accounting systems and records
including, but not limited to, cash receipts, expenditures, investments,
purchasing, inventory, assets, payroll, and other procedures necessary to the efficient operation of the District.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial reporting systems to insure integrity of finances based on sound accounting procedures and controls.
- Keeps the Director of Finance informed of issues and activities related to accounting systems in an effort to insure effective operations of the District.
- Invests all available cash in interest-producing investments within the confines of Illinois statues and consistent with the District’s investment policy after consultation with the Director of Finance.
- Supervises the annual Audit and prepares the annual Statement of Receipts and Disbursements, working cash documents, and all state and federal reports as required in accordance with the Park District Code.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual Budget, Tax Levy Ordinance, Budget and Appropriation Ordinance.
- Prepares and executes appropriate bank transfers to meet expense and investment requirements and maintain and execute subsidiary records and system entries.
- Serves as procurement expert for the district assisting with purchasing scope, bid openings, and yearly review of the district’s expenditures.
- Reconciles bank accounts and verify the bank balance with the General Ledger.
- Supervises all month-end and year-end accounting procedures including preparation and entry of journal entries for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and General Ledger computer systems.
- Reviews and authorizes check requests and purchase order invoices and advise of potential over-expenditures or misappropriation.
- Meets mandated publication and filing dates for financial documents.
- Additional functions may be essential as designated by the Director of Finance.
- Supervises payroll and accounts payable employees.
- Leads and nurtures a work culture that promotes open, frequent and dynamic communication among staff, stimulating teamwork to accomplish desired goals and objectives.
- Ensures that written performance evaluations of supervised employees are completed as required, provides continuous feedback on personnel performance issues, and takes immediate action to recognize achievements and address deficiencies or problems.
- Seeks customer and community input and investigates and acts upon requests, suggestions, and complaints concerning accounting policies and office operations.
- Conducts and attends necessary staff meetings with managerial and supervisory personnel.
- Provides requested information or recommendations to the Board of Commissioners through written reports and attends Board meetings as needed.
- Establishes and maintains effective lines of communication between accounting staff and other Park District staff.
- Develops and maintains working knowledge of all computer system applications.
- Ensures completion of regular safety inspections of office areas and equipment and provides assurances that all risk management practices are in compliance with district safety rules and procedures.
- Fosters a working environment that promotes safe work habits and active participation in the agency’s risk management program.
- Maintains a complete understanding of Park District emergency action plans and acts as a leader in the execution of the plans when required.
The Park District of Oak Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Park District of Oak Park
Oak Park, IL 60302
How to apply
Click here to view full job description and apply online:
|Park District of Oak Park
|Oak Park, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.