Accountant | Addison Park District
Posted on Oct 6, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
Job Title: Accountant
Department: Business Department
Reports to: Superintendent of Finance
Reporting to the Superintendent of Finance, the Accountant is an entry-level position responsible for executing the day-to-day financial operations through application of procedures, controls, and reporting systems. The primary focus of the position is maintenance of the General Ledger operating system and ensuring that internal controls are maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger and all its components (AP/GL/Payroll) monthly including preparing staff and District reports, as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Budget, tax levy, and Truth in Taxation Resolution.
- Have a working knowledge of all financial systems used by the District
- Ensure that all the Agency’s procedures regarding internal controls are adhered to.
- Execute AP, and refund functions for review.
- Responsible for payroll administration which would include processing a bi-weekly payroll, preparing quarterly payroll tax returns and preparing annual reports including W-2 and 1099s.
- Maintain up to date and accurate payroll records for current and terminated employees.
- Work with HR to ensure that all paperwork backup has been received prior to adding staff to payroll. This includes tax forms, IMRF paperwork and benefit deductions.
- Preparation of all journal entries made by staff prior to review by Superintendent.
- Assists in preparation of audit schedules for the yearly external audit and coordination of the audit schedule.
- Administer and understand the District’s P-Card program which requires a strong understanding of the purchasing policy and its limitations.
- Ensure that proper back up is provided for all accounts payable, including purchase cards.
- Act as custodian for Petty Cash Account.
- Prepare quarterly sales return.
- Keep records on open purchase orders.
- Perform other related duties/or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
- CPA Preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Requires sitting, standing, bending, and reaching. May require lifting to 10 lbs. Requires manual dexterity to operate standard office machines such as computers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, and other office equipment. Requires normal range of vision and hearing.
- Occasionally called upon to work overtime or odd schedule (weekends or evenings).
- The work environment can be best described as typical office environment with expected exposure to hot and cold weather and related conditions, noise, dust, etc., when working throughout the District facilities.
Addison Park District
120 E Oak St
Addison, IL 60101-1075
How to apply
Send all cover letters and resumes to Elliott Becker at email@example.com.
|Addison Park District
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.