Accountant | DuPage County
Posted on Feb 10, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
- Assists in budget preparation and performs budgetary accounting
- Processes transactions, including budget transfers
- Prepares general ledger and budget entries by compiling and analyzing accounting information and enters into the ERP system.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounting data and information.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing financial documents and ensuring the documents are accurate.
- Provides financial information to Principal Accountants by researching, analyzing, and interpreting financial data and making recommendations, as needed.
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policies and standards.
- Prepares and maintains financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing accounting data and information.
- Maintains internal controls and complies with financial policies and procedures.
- Updates financial accounting policies and procedures manual, as needed.
- Maintains grant funds allocated to DuPage County under various titles.
- Prepares and reviews resolutions to award and appropriate grant funds.
- Assists with the annual audit by preparing audit schedules, collecting financial information and support documentation, and ensuring the financial information and data in the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report is accurate and complete.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in governmental accounting and administering grants
The preferred candidate will:
- Have experience working with an ERP system within a financial environment
- Be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or progressing towards earning a CPA
A passing score on a basic Word and intermediate Excel test is required.
A pre-employment background check is required.
Annual Salary Range:
$60,000 - $64,000
Location421 N County Farm Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187
How to apply
Please submit your application by visiting:
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.