Accounting Clerk | City of Elmhurst
Posted on Feb 25, 2020
Under general supervision, provides technical, or specialized financial, business and accounting office support in payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
Possession of a High School Diploma.
- Three years of general clerical experience.
- Three years payroll, accounting or financial experience; or an equivalent of education.
Required Knowledge and Skills
Use of specified computer applications including word processing and involving the design and management of databases or spreadsheet files and the development of special report formats.
- Business arithmetic.
- Financial record keeping and bookkeeping practices and techniques.
- Principles and practices of auditing financial documents and records.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Record keeping principles and practices; correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with the public, in person and over the telephone.
- Practices of reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Performing technical or specialized financial office support work.
- Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
- Analyzing and resolving varied financial office administrative problems.
- Organizing, researching and maintaining financial files.
- Making accurate calculations.
- Reviewing financial documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Reviewing, posting, balancing and reconciling financial records.
- Maintaining accurate financial records and preparing accurate and timely reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with the public, in person and over the telephone, often where relations may be confrontational or strained.
Salary: $49,816.00 - $62,275.20 DOQ. Excellent benefit package.
City of Elmhurst
How to apply
Interested, qualified candidates are asked to submit a completed application and resume online at https://jobapply.page.link/usfv. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of background check, drug screen, and physical. Position is open until filled. The City provides equal opportunity and offers reasonable accommodations in all programs and employment.
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.