Accounting Coordinator | Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Posted on Apr 2, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
This position coordinates the responsibilities of accounts payable, payroll, cash receipts, and general accounting. Includes overseeing and assisting clerical staff who have primary responsibility for the afore mentioned. Additionally, the position works with the management staff on the development of departmental procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, approve, and assist assigned staff in processing vendor payments, cash receipts, employee payroll
- Perform various general accounting duties, including preparation of bank reconciliations and miscellaneous journal entries
- Meet all monthly processing deadlines
- Assist with annual audit by performing research and providing responses to issues relevant to this position's responsibilities
- Acts as point contact between other District staff within and outside of the Finance Department, as well as outside vendors.
- Perform audits of the various Petty cash funds within the District operation
- Assist Finance department management with internal Control reviews: eg, updating and maintaining all department policies and procedures
- Assist other finance department staff with updates to the District accounting manual.
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience Required
Education: AA/AS degree in Accounting or related equivalent experience required. Bachelors degree preferred.
Related Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in general accounting activities as mentioned above, including coordinator or supervisory experience. The following experiences are preferred, though not required: Active Net recreational management software, Microsoft Great Plains, iSolved payroll, Government accounting, point of sale systems.
Skills In: This individual must be highly skilled and experienced in general accounting processes, be detail-oriented, accurate, and excel at multitasking. A strong understanding of accounting principles is expected. High level Excel skills.
Salary: $53,000 - $68,000
Complex benefit package included (BCBS medical, Vision, Dental, Paid Time Off, and IMRF Pension)
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
3S580 Naperville Road
Wheaton, IL 60189
How to apply
Applications must be filled out to their entirety, including the electronic signature, to be considered for this position. Resumes may be included but are not accepted in lieu of the application.
Complete an application by clicking this link:
Or go to our website: www.dupageforest.org , click Get Involved, Work for Us, District Employment, and then search for the Accounting Coordinator position.
|Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.