Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager | Firefighters’ Pension Investment Fund
Posted on Aug 27, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
This position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager will have the following specific responsibilities, which shall include, but not be limited to:
1. Act as advisor to the CFO regarding Accounting and Financial Reporting matters.
2. Participate in the development and implementation of policies and control procedures to provide full accountability over all assets and internal administrative and operations.
3. Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) at the total FPIF Fund Level.
4. Participate in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual GAAP financial statement information at the Participant Fund Level.
5. Act as a point of contact with Participant Funds in coordination with other FPIF staff.
6. Manage the FPIF accounts payable and cash disbursements process under the supervision of the CFO.
7. Manage the Cash Contribution and Withdrawal process with Participant Funds under the supervision of the CFO.
8. Assist with the preparation of work papers and other deliverables for all external audits of FPIF.
9. Assist with the monitoring and verification FPIF investment managers’ compliance with financial reporting mandates and conformity with FPIF financial reporting requirements to ensure that the valuation of the investment portfolio is performed in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
10. Assist with staffing the Audit Committee meetings and coordinating the participation of relevant staff including the preparation of Audit Committee materials and agendas.
11. Assist with the preparation of the annual budget including requests for supplemental information.
12. Assist with the preparation of quarterly financial forecasts including comparison to budget.
13. Other duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
• CPA preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of experience as an accounting professional required.
• Experience with a public pension fund or similar public sector experience preferred.
• Strong writing, communications, and interpersonal skills required.
• Willingness to work in a small office environment required.
• Applied knowledge of Office 365 required.
$50,000 - $80,000
Firefighters’ Pension Investment Fund
1919 S. Highland Ave
Lombard, IL 60148
How to apply
Persons interested in applying for the position should submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Firefighters’ Pension Investment Fund
Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.