Assistant Finance Director | Village of Bloomingdale
Posted on Oct 4, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Bloomingdale is seeking interested applicants for the position of Assistant Finance Director. This professional position is responsible for the daily operations of the Finance Department, including the supervision of staff members that are active in the functional areas of accounting, utility billing, payroll, accounts payable, and cashiering. The position reports directly to the Finance Director/Treasurer.
This position is responsible for duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Finance Director in planning, administering, and directing the daily activities and operations of the Finance Department
- Performing technical financial and accounting functions and complex account reconciliations
- Performing utility billing related duties
- Assisting with the treasury and cash management function for the Village’s investment portfolio
- Coordinating and managing the annual audit fieldwork as first contact for auditors, and assisting in the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Preparing and or reviewing federal and state reports including the annual Treasurer’s Report publication, Illinois Department of Insurance Annual Pension Report, and the annual State Comptroller’s Report
- Other duties as assigned and required
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, as well as municipal accounting and supervisory experience. CPA designation is preferred. The successful candidate must also possess the ability to perform mid- to upper-level data analysis, strong verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment, decisiveness, and creativity. This position is frequently exposed to sensitive information and is required to maintain confidentiality.
The starting salary is $86,736 +/- DOQ. This position is exempt and has access to an excellent benefits package that includes IMRF; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; and paid time off. This position is open until filled.
A detailed job description can be found on the Village’s Employment Opportunities website.
Village of Bloomingdale
Location201 S Bloomingdale Rd
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
How to apply
Interested candidates must apply online and attach a resume and cover letter.
|Village of Bloomingdale
Assistant Finance Director
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.