Budget Analyst | Village of Woodridge
Posted on Oct 1, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The Budget Analyst position performs administrative and analytical duties in the areas of budget preparation, data analysis and process improvement. This position is responsible for assisting in the development, analysis and monitoring of the Village’s budget. This full-time, in-office position operates independently under the supervision of the Fiscal Operations Manager.
- Coordinates the annual budget process by developing the budget calendar and the budget preparation manual and associated work.
- Oversees and participates in the development and administration of the Village’s annual budget; directs the forecast of funds; works with other departments in the development of their budgets, performance measurements, charts and graphs, and overall document.
- Develops the final budget document and Budget-in-Brief in compliance with GFOA criteria.
- Responsible for coordinating the annual board budget workshops, including agenda and associated visual presentations.
- Prepare various financial reports, including monthly tax reports, quarterly financial reports, and the Popular Annual Financial Report.
- Prepares drafts of speeches, presentations, resolutions, ordinances, contracts, administrative policies, etc., as assigned.
- Updates OpenGov reports, including quarterly reports and the Village Checkbook.
- Manages the Village’s Local Debt Recovery Program.
- Supports the Treasurer of the Northern Will County Water Agency by paying invoices and preparing the Treasurer’s Report.
- Coordinates the formal bid process by assisting departments and attending bid openings.
- Other duties as assigned, such as: managing occupancy bonds, updating debt schedules and monthly interfund transfers, and applying for GFOA financial awards.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Public Administration, Business Management or a closely related field, and two years of related experience. Any equivalent combination of education and progressively responsible experience, with additional work experience substituting for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Salary and Benefit Information
The starting salary for this position is $56,596. The Village has a competitive benefit package which includes health, dental and life insurance, a retirement plan through IMRF, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days and more.
Village of Woodridge
Village of Woodridge
Woodridge, IL 60517
How to apply
Application and Testing Process
Applications may be obtained on the Village website: www.woodridgeil.gov. Please also include a cover letter and resume. Submit application materials to Human Resources, 5 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517, fax to (630) 984-7278, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. First application review to begin October 18, 2021. The intended start date for successful candidate is early January 2022.
|Village of Woodridge
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.