Buyer I | DuPage County Finance Department, Procurement Division
Posted on Dec 5, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
DuPage County is pleased to offer the current job opportunity for a Buyer I within the Finance Department.
- Assists departments to determine appropriate procurement method and incorporate substantive procurement needs into Request For Proposals, Request For Quotations or Invitation For Bids for issuance
- Coordinates and maintains records from all County procurements
- Handles purchasing requests and the issuance of purchase orders to vendors
- Obtains pricing for purchases in accordance with the policy, assuring procurement documents and contracts are consistent with policies and regulations
- Coordinates procurement activities with County departments to determine requirements to purchase requested commodities and services
- Summarizes proposals submitted by suppliers, assists in the identification of sources of supply
- Assembles information pertaining to the preparation of proposals and specifications, consults with departments as needed regarding purchase orders, requisitions, confirming orders, etc.
- Identify vendors to whom price requests will be sent
Requirements include the following experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience:
- Completion of an Associate’s degree in Business or related field
- Three (3) years of experience in purchasing supplies, equipment, and services or four (4) years of experience in an entry level purchasing position other than clerical
- A valid Illinois driver's license is required
- A passing score on basic Microsoft Word and Excel test is required
- A pre-employment background check is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
County of DuPage
421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, Illinois, 60187
DuPage County Finance Department, Procurement Division
Location421 N County Farm Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187-3978
How to apply
Submit applications on-line by selecting the Buyer I job posting at:
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.