Finance Accountant | Bloomingdale Park District
Posted on Jul 19, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
BLOOMINGDALE PARK DISTRICT
This is a full-time position under direction of the Director of Finance. The Accountant is responsible for a variety of accounting and administrative functions including, but not limited to, processing biweekly payroll, including all related payroll tasks, processing monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations, general ledger review and reconciliation, preparation of audit and budget schedules, review, and related interface of financial RecTrac transactions. This position will also be responsible for various HR-related functions such as collecting and reviewing new hire/termination paperwork, completing reporting requirements to various agencies, and related duties. This position works closely with the Finance and Customer Service areas, and all other departments as needed. The Accountant is to provide support to the Finance area while maintaining strict confidentiality and accuracy.
Reports to the Director of Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with degree or major course work in accounting, finance, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in payroll and/or accounting or any equivalent combination of experience, education and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities that meets the criteria of the job.
- Strong Microsoft Office 2010 skills and experience, especially Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to become proficient in Incode, RecTrac and payroll/timekeeping/HR software.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resources as they relate to payroll.
- Seasoned professional, committed to confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- A positive attitude and willingness to provide exceptional support.
- Proficiency with adding machine, data entry and word processing.
- Strong math skills, which include basic arithmetic (addition/subtraction, multiplication/division), to perform computations such fractions and percentages while using logic to problem solve.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and prioritize these tasks in an effective manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- First Aid, CPR, AED certified (can be completed after hire).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process bi-weekly payroll, including tax payments, direct deposit processing, related journal entries and all other payroll-related duties.
- Monitor and maintain payroll and timekeeping system for recording employee hours and subsequent interface with payroll.
- Prepare/review all monthly and quarterly reporting for IMRF pension plan, Illinois’ unemployment reporting, federal and state 941 returns, and other required reporting.
- Maintain all payroll records including timesheets and time off requests.
- Collect, review for accuracy and completeness and record all new employee, terminated employee, annual increases and other employee status change paperwork.
- Review payroll and Park District policies for compliance with Department of Labor and other agency requirements. Suggest and prepare revisions as needed.
- Maintain personnel and medical files.
- Complete Workers’ Compensation audit.
- Prepare daily General Ledger (G/L) Interface from RecTrac to Incode.
- Learn process of RecTrac Installment Billing and provide support to Front Office Supervisor and Recreation Staff in troubleshooting RecTrac issues.
- Prepare reports as requested by the Director of Finance and Director of Administration.
- Prepare and reconcile annual W-2 forms, 1099 forms and Affordable Care Act annual returns.
- Prepare and input all monthly journal entries.
- Review general ledger accounts and reconcile as needed.
- Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Prepare files, upload, and monitor positive pay and other fraud mitigation processes.
- Maintain certified payroll reports and review compliance.
- Prepare Safety Coordinator billing.
- Prepare year-end audit schedules and assist in preparation of the annual audit reports and review process.
- Assist Director of Finance with budget process and subsequent review of accounts as needed.
- Serve as back-up to process accounts payable and purchase card (p-card) processing when needed.
- Serve as back-up to front counter staff during lunch periods or other times when other personnel is not available.
- Assist with internal control procedures as needed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all general and departmental-specific safety rules. Actively support the safety program and related programs including following/enforcing safety rules, reporting accidents and injuries, and developing ideas for the prevention of future incidents.
- Provide general assistance as needed.
- Attend educational workshops/seminars when necessary.
- Assist in other areas as assigned by the Director of Finance and Director of Administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Hours and Compensation:
The position of Accountant is full time and is paid every two weeks at an agreed salary. This position is classified as an exempt employee status and will work a minimum of 40 hours per week. However, as a professional employee, it shall be assumed that hours beyond the minimum, including evenings and weekends, may be necessary at times.Hours will be as agreed to with the Director of Finance with scheduling dependent on job requirement deadlines. The beginning salary range for this position will be based on qualifications ($44,000-50,000).
Performs most activities indoors. Indoor environmental conditions will include lighting and temperature.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform work activities as assigned by the Director of Finance.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and be organized in thought processes and physical tasks.
- Must be able to work closely with co-workers and other employees and visitors in the office.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems that arise in a calm and reasonable manner.
- Must be able to present ideas and recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Use good judgment and possess and use effective problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to handle stressful situations and deal with all situations in a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to sensitive information.
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be organized and capable of handling multiple tasks daily.
- Must be able to sit at a computer keyboard at a desk for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job you are required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The ability to lift or move up to 20 lbs. as you will be maintaining boxed records as needed.
Bloomingdale Park District
172 S Circle Ave
Bloomingdale, IL 60108
How to apply
Interest individuals should apply by submitting a resume with cover letter to Jackie Tithof Steere, Director of Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Bloomingdale Park District
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.