Fiscal Assistant I | Village of Woodridge
Posted on May 26, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Woodridge is seeking a full-time, 40 hour per week Fiscal Assistant I. This position will be responsible for providing analytical and administrative support for the Finance department. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Accounts Payable: invoice entry, tracking, review, processing, and mailing of weekly checks
- Accounts Receivable: support for water billing clerk, entering invoices, and reporting
- Processing payments for water bills, permits, licenses; and reconciling daily cash
- Processing real estate transfer stamps, building permits
- Management and tracking of the Village’s local gas tax, occupancy bonds, cell tower payments and bids
- Assisting management and staff with various projects
- Performing general office work including filing, scheduling, mail, and record keeping
- Providing extensive customer service to residents, contractors, attorneys, employees and the general public both in person and over the phone, in relation to water billing, permits, real estate transfer stamps, property management, and other general inquiries
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Collegiate degree preferred.
- Three (3) years increasingly responsible related experience in computerized payables, billing, accounts receivable, accounting, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidential information.
- The ability to accurately enter data on a computer, perform mathematical computations, and perform analysis.
- Good organization, follow-through, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task; also proactively troubleshoot, problem solve, and make sound judgements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required; advanced Office/Excel skills a plus; knowledge of Tyler Munis software a plus.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Salary and Benefit Information
This is a full-time, forty-hour per week position with an excellent benefit package, including health, dental and life insurance, IMRF pension, vacation time, paid holidays and sick days. The starting salary range for this position is $46,529 to $51,181.
Village of Woodridge
5 Plaza Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517
How to apply
Application and Testing Process
Applications may be obtained on the Village website: www.woodridgeil.gov. Please also include a cover letter and resume. Submit application materials to Human Resources, 5 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517, fax to (630) 719-0021, or e-mail to email@example.com. Application review to begin immediately; position open until filled.
This is an in-person position at Village Hall during regular business hours of 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Applicants with disabilities, who will need accommodations in order to complete any portion(s) of the application, should contact the Administration Department.
|Village of Woodridge
Fiscal Assistant I
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.