Fiscal Assistant I - Water Billing | Village of Woodridge
Posted on Mar 22, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Woodridge is seeking applications for the position of Fiscal Assistant I – Water Billing. This position is responsible for all water billing related duties.
- Accurate preparation and issuance of monthly water bills, late fees, shut-off process, final water bills, and other mailed communications to customers, including transmitting files to third party bill printer.
- Maintain all water customer accounts; central property program, and rental property listing.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to residents regarding inquiries, concerns, and disputes.
- Upload meter reads, review exception reports, research inconsistencies in water accounts, coordinate all required meter reads, notify customers regarding problems with meters.
- Handle electronic and automated payment options, including direct debit and online payments; handle requests for e-billing paperless options.
- Serve as a staff liaison to DuPage County Public Works. Provide consumption reports to DuPage County and Downers Grove Sanitary District. Prepare service orders as required.
- Set up and manage payment arrangements, coordinate disconnection of the water service process due to non-payment; coordinate scheduling of final meter readings.
- Prepare various water billing management reports and water surveys.
- Analyze water billing reports for outstanding credits or inaccuracies, troubleshoot discrepancies, review accounts for unbilled services, and recommend appropriate course of action.
- Assist with real estate transfer stamps, General Billing, and the front desk.
- Other duties and functions as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Collegiate degree a plus.
- Three (3) years increasingly responsible related experience in computerized billing, accounts receivable, accounting, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to maintain confidential information.
- Good organization, follow- through, and time management skills; excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task; also proactively troubleshoot, problem solve, and make sound judgements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook; knowledge of Tyler Munis software a plus.
- Bilingual skills are desirable.
Salary and Benefit Information
This is a full-time, forty-hour per week position with an excellent benefit package, including health, dental and life insurance, IMRF pension, vacation time, paid holidays and sick days. The starting salary range for this position is $46,529 to $51,181 with a full salary range of $46,529 to $67,350.
Village of Woodridge
5 Plaza Drive
Woodridge, IL 60517
How to apply
Applications may be obtained on the Village website: www.woodridgeil.gov. Please include a cover letter and resume. Submit application materials to Human Resources, 5 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517, fax to (630) 719-0021, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application review to begin immediately; position open until filled.
Applicants with disabilities, who will need accommodations in order to complete any portion(s) of the application, should contact the Administration Department.
|Village of Woodridge
Fiscal Assistant I - Water Billing
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.