Grant Coordinator | City of Wheaton
Posted on May 19, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
Wheaton, Illinois is a distinctive community of more than 53,000 residents situated west of Chicago. Settled between 1837 and 1838, Wheaton serves as the County Seat of DuPage County. Residents and visitors are drawn to the blend of big-city comforts and small-town charm that makes Wheaton an excellent place to live, work, shop and play. From its top-ranked schools and picturesque downtown to its historic neighborhoods and dynamic community, Wheaton is a comfortable place to call home.
The City of Wheaton is seeking a Grant Coordinator to join our Finance Department at City Hall. This position is responsible for researching grant opportunities, preparing grant applications, administering grant activities, and monitoring grant compliance for the City. The Grant Coordinator acts as project manager for all City department grants.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with City departments, determines grant project priorities based on community impact and/or cost savings, measurable results, applicable grant opportunities, funds available, and grant submission timing requirements.
- Researches and recommends potential funding targets for identified projects.
- Coordinates the planning and preparation of grant proposals for City departments; provides guidance and assistance in the interpretation of funding agency regulations and requirements.
- Serves as the City liaison with grant agencies for the preparation and administration of grant proposals.
- Prepares and compiles all components of each grant submission, ensuring that the proposal is formatted, packaged, and submitted in accordance with grant agency requirements.
- Advises and assists in the design, formatting, and preparation of grant documentation, to include creation of statistical summaries and/or graphics.
- Develops and maintains system for recording and tracking grant proposals, awards, and related statistical information; creates and distributes standard and special reports, studies, summaries, and analyses, as required.
- Monitors and coordinates the administration of grants to ensure that the City is in compliance with grant agency requirements, budgeting and administrative policies and procedures.
- Manages administrative problems and/or budget changes occurring during the awarded grant period.
- Maintains knowledge of grant funding policies, regulations, and procedures; disseminates and/or presents changes to departments and advises on the implementation of changes, and on the impact of changes on grant funded operations.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, or related field with a minimum of two (2) years' grant administration, public administration, or other related experience.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience, which could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job, may be considered.
Salary: $68,950 - $89,633
City of Wheaton
303 W. Wesley St
Wheaton, 0 60187
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a completed application and/or resume to email@example.com.
|City of Wheaton
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.