Human Resources/Payroll Specialist | Downers Grove Park District
Posted on Dec 4, 2019 and will remain open until filled.
Position Summary: The full-time Human Resources/Payroll Specialist is responsible for the administrative support of Human Resources and Payroll functions. Responsibilities revolve around recruitment, benefits administration, and compiling payroll information to processing payroll and HR/payroll data management.
Salary: $50,000 depending on qualifications. Schedule is generally Monday through Friday with occasional evening or weekend work required for special events or meetings.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports managers with recruiting including job posting, pre-employment screening, orientation, onboarding and separations and creating and managing personnel files.
- Participates in job fairs and recruiting events.
- Supports administration of the HR software system.
- Collects and accurately enters payroll related data necessary to process bi-weekly payroll, incorporating deductions necessary to process and meet deadlines.
- Maintain and manage HR and payroll documentation in accordance with the State’s Records Retention policy.
- Thorough input into HRIS for employee pay and job changes, new hires, terminations, leave of absences, and other employee transactions.
- Prepare annual audit documents as they relate to accrued payroll and compensated absences.
- Benefits support including preparing the annual employee benefit statement and open enrollment.
- Processes worker’s compensation and unemployment claims and assists in leave of absence including FMLA, preparing documents and notifications, and OSHA logs.
- Develops reports and filings for IMRF, ACA, union, and various stakeholders.
- Assists HR and Finance with projects including compensation and government surveys.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees through coaching.
- Makes recommendations to gain efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned; job duties may be modified at any time.
- HS Diploma, PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year in payroll and HR, experience in ADP Workforce Now preferred.
- Requires proven analytical skills in interpreting data to ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Able to identify and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals across the District.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including excel.
The Downers Grove Park District is an EOE.
Downers Grove Park District
2455 Warrenville Road
Downers Grove, IL 60515
How to apply
Please send a Resume and Cover Letter to Marian Olund, Director of Human Resources for the Downers Grove Park Distirct, Molund@dgparks.org
|Downers Grove Park District
Human Resources/Payroll Specialist
|Downers Grove, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.