Procurement Officer | DuPage County
Posted on Aug 24, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
• Provides leadership and oversight of the Procurement Division
• Supervises staff within the Procurement Division
• Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans
• Evaluates all phases of the purchasing system and recommends improvements
• Provides direction and advice in the resolution of purchasing issues
• Oversees the development and facilitation of training for employees in purchasing policies, procedures and Procurement software
• Prepares special reports and analysis as needed
• Provides various technical information related to legislation and purchasing trends that may impact the County
• Provides technical expertise on long term planning and decisions
• Stays abreast of new processes, technologies, materials, purchasing methods, statutory requirements and market conditions
• Communicate with management on any significant factors that could affect County business, raw material costs, utility cost, or have financial impact
• Manages and ensures timely completion of projects within the fiscal year and appropriate funding level
• Resolves problems and protests concerning bid solicitations, contract awards or contract performance as the need arises
• Promotes understanding of Purchasing Division’s role by developing and maintaining work relationships County-wide and with the general public
• Maintains close working relationship with Departments on Procurement matters
• Attends County Board and Committee meetings as required by the Chief Financial Officer. Answers questions from County Board members regarding Procurement agenda items.
Requirements include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in contract administration, public administration, business management or closely related field
• Seven years of experience in Procurement/contract field and three years supervisory experience
• Certified Procurement Manager (C.P.M.), Certified Public Procurement Officer (C.P.P.O.), or Certified Public Procurement Buyer (C.P.P.B.) required.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Infor/Lawson system experience or other Procurement Management System experience
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., evenings and weekends as needed
Compensation: $100,000 - $110,000
A pre-employment background check is required.
421 N County Farm Rd
Wheaton, IL 60187-3978
How to apply
Contact: Applications and resumes can be submitted through the County’s website Employment at the County - DuPage County IL
DuPage County website address: www.dupageco.org
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.