Senior Accountant | DuPage County
Posted on Nov 2, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
We are pleased to offer the current job opportunity for a Senior Accountant position within the County's Finance Department. This positions will be responsible for performing professional accountant and audit work.
This is a grant funded position.
Plans, develops and implements policy and procedures for the administration of departmental accounting, accounts receivable, billing, cash collections, capital assets, debt service, grants, accounts payable and payroll
- Performs general ledger accounting, including journal entries, adjusting entries, and budget entries
- Prepares monthly financial reports for internal planning and external use Performs monthly close and account reconciliation
- Maintains capital asset records and develops capital asset replacement plans
- Prepares Single Audit (OMB Circular A-133)
- Review and verify 1099 status and expenses for annual reporting
- Assist in annual outside audit, including developing materials, preparing schedules, reconciling accounts, and creating year-end accrual entries, up to and including portions of the CAFR
- Prepares cost allocations
- Ensures availability of funds for payment of bills
- Reconciles cash and investments with balance per County Treasurer
- Assists in budget preparation and performs budgetary accounting, including budgets and accounting for grants and special projects
- Advises on the use and source of funds
- Prepares various reports and studies as assigned
- Acts as a project lead in the division including development project timelines, assigning tasks, explaining an coaching staff, monitoring progress
- Plans and monitors special projects in areas of responsibility
- Ensures that uniform accounting is maintained
- Coordinates with County Treasurer all sources of revenue and investments to ensure that they are utilized to their maximum advantage
- Attends budget hearings and explains budget calculations
- Prepares rates for services performed by department
- Makes estimates of work and material costs
- Controls expenditures of budgets
- Advises on accounting problems
- Assists subordinate personnel with work problems
- Sets up procedures to maximize efficiency and cost savings
- Continually works to improve internal processes
Requirements for this position include the following experience or equivalent combination of training and experience:
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- Three(3) years of experience in professional accounting work
A pre-employment background check is required.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including than body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position is typically office or administrative work and is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Location421 N. County Farm Road
Wheaton, IL 60187
How to apply
For more information, or to apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dupageco/.
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.