Utility Billing Specialist | Village of Glen Ellyn
Posted on Oct 5, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Glen Ellyn Finance Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of part-time Utility Billing Specialist. The job duties of this position include, but are not limited to, providing courteous and responsive customer service to Village residents and the general public; organizing and participating in clerical accounting operations; effectively responding to inquiries and concerns pertaining to utility and solid waste bills; and verifying and recording related accounting transactions. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. Position reports directly to the Accounts Manager.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service via the phone, in person, by email, and in writing.
- Create 8,300 monthly bills and issue late and disconnection fees for utility accounts using readings provided by meter readers.
- Maintain accurate customer water, sewer, and solid waste service records that include meter information/readings/consumption history/billing and payment history/deposits/auto-pay information/refuse cart sizes.
- Prepare shut-off list for delinquent water/sewer utility customers; prepare final water bills and collect as necessary.
- Review and resolve billing discrepancies and prepare correspondence concerning estimated billings and utility deposits.
- Handle customer questions and complaints via the phone and in person from the general public, employees, and Village residents.
- Receive and process applications for service actions, including water turn-off and turn-on and solid waste service.
- Prepare service orders and send them to Public Works.
- Prepare statements and reports.
- Assist the public with general information regarding policies and procedures.
- May assist other positions with data entry as workload demands and maintain an accurate. database for: Vehicle stickers, real estate transfer tax, and business registration.
- High school diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of three years of previous experience or specialized training in a clerical or general office environment highly preferred. Previous experience in customer billing, accounting, and or book-keeping is desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with tact and professionalism under various conditions. Must be detail-oriented and be able to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. Flexibility to work both independently and as part of a team is also highly desirable.
- Ability to interpret and apply Village policies and procedures, written instructions, and general correspondence, and demonstrate the ability to complete assignments accurately and within established deadlines. The position also requires individuals capable of completing basic mathematical calculations.
- Qualified applicants will also possess excellent typing skills, the ability to effectively operate customary office equipment, including computers and related software, such as Microsoft Office, and Windows-based programs; and previous experience with online billing software programs is desired.
- The average work hours will be 18-20 hours per week. The typical work schedule will be 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., every Monday, Tuesday, and alternating Wednesdays. Additional hours may be required, as needed, for training, holidays, vacations, and/or emergency situations.
The salary range for this position is $21.78 to $33.11 per hour, with an anticipated starting salary of $21.78 to $27.45 per hour, depending on qualifications, with no fringe benefits.
Village of Glen Ellyn
Location535 Duane St
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interestedcandidatesshouldsubmitaresume, acoverletter and employment application (click here) email@example.com.Hard copies (faxed, mailed, hand-delivered) of resumes will be declined.
- Applicants must indicate (Job ID: #36-23 Billing Specialist I) in the subject line of their e-mail.
- The selected finalist will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, reference check, and post-offer medical physical with a drug screening.
- The position is open until filled; however, first review of resumes will begin October 26, 2023.
Candidates requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact Human Resources at 630-469-5000.
THE VILLAGE OF GLEN ELLYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.