Accountant | Village of Carpentersville
Posted on Feb 24, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
The Village is seeking an Accountant to perform a variety of complex analytical, professional, administrative, and technical functions related to general accounting, budget and capital development, financial reporting, and resolving of operational problems. This position requires considerable knowledge of accounting, and ability to assist the Director of Finance and Assistant Director of Finance in accounting matters. The Accountant will perform technical and administrative accounting work in order to maintain the fiscal records and system of the Village.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in planning and executing operations of the Finance department including budgeting, accounting, appropriation, disbursement, and investment of all Village funds and other fiscal activities.
- Oversee the monitoring of other departments’ budget compliance throughout the year by reviewing all purchase requisitions and check requests.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank accounts; assist with Village banking processes, including wires, bank transfers, and approvals for bank activity
- Reconcile and prepare schedules of receipts for telecommunications tax, sales tax, income tax, property tax, and other major revenues to ensure proper fund distribution.
- Verify the accuracy of accounting documents and other financial transactions to ensure compliance with established procedures.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and miscellaneous reports.
- Assist in the development of departmental budgets and internal financial reports.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to complete bank reconciliations, cash receipts, and any manual adjustments, as needed.
- Assist in the annual audit under the supervision of the Director and Assistant Director of Finance.
- Oversee the Accounts Payable function; prepare the bi-monthly invoice list for the Village Board; prepare check & EFT payments.
- Assist with the investment of Village funds pursuant to investment policy; handle necessary communication with banking institutions; prepare investment reports.
Education and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related field and a minimum of two (2) years of accounting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in governmental accounting is a plus.
Starting at $70,000, commensurate with experience and qualifications
A full-time position at the Village of Carpentersville includes a comprehensive benefits package which offers medical, dental, vision, and group life insurance, IMRF pension, several options of pre- and post- tax retirement savings plans, flexible spending programs, and supplemental insurance benefits.
Village of Carpentersville
Location1200 L.W. Besinger Drive
Carpentersville, IL 60110
How to apply
To apply, complete an online application on the Village of Carpentersville's website and include a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
|Village of Carpentersville
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.