Accounting Manager | Village of Montgomery
Posted on Oct 28, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
The Village of Montgomeryis seeking applicants wishing to join our top-rated Finance team in the position of Accounting Manager. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Manager is responsible for performing a wide variety of professional governmental accounting duties. These include the detailed analysis, preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports, supervising the accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and utility billing functions, and assisting the Director of Finance with other related duties as assigned.
The Village is seeking a dependable, motivated, and highly organized team player with a proven record of attention to detail, integrity, and excellent customer service skills. The successful candidate will:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a closely related field. Prior experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Have at least four (4) to six (6) years of experience working in local government accounting, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Be able to make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures and best practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with frequent interruptions and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Have considerable experience with Microsoft Office products and the ability to learn financial software to proficiency.
The current salary range for this position is $67,660 - $94,724. Starting salary is dependent on qualifications and annual increases are merit based. An excellent benefits package includes health insurance beginning on day one of employment, IMRF pension, wellness program, continuous learning and development opportunities, and family friendly environment.
Village of Montgomery
Location200 N River St
Montgomery, IL 60538
How to apply
To apply visit www.montgomeryil.org/jobs.
This position will remain open until filled.
|Village of Montgomery
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.