Assistant Finance Director | Village of Bradley
Posted on Mar 8, 2023 and will remain open until filled.
The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of complex professional and administrative work, in a typical office setting, assisting the Director in developing, planning, organizing, overseeing, and managing the Village's Finance Department.
- Assists the Finance Director in managing the Finance Department and providing comprehensive supervision to all Finance staff.
- Maintains and reviews financial records (i.e., bank reconciliations, journal entries, accounts payable, wire transfers, etc.) for accuracy ensuring accounting system is consistent with established and generally accepted accounting principles and procedures.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts and all investments, preparing general ledger entries while maintaining the accuracy of the cash and investments.
- Assist in the Coordination of the external audit, including preparing audit schedules, updating the notes to the financial statements, coordinating audit timeline, and facilitating audit requests.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial reports, including variance analysis.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepares 941 tax deposits, quarterly and annual federal and state payroll tax returns, W-2 forms, and all other payroll tax related requirements.
- Assists director in preparation and presentation of the annual budget and capital projects budget.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a closely related field.
- Minimum four years’ experience in technical accounting work, preferably some experience in government accounting.
- Must have the ability to work independently with great customer service skills and experience working with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with BS&A Financial Software a plus
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary for the position is +/- $80,000 and will be commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The Village of Bradley provides a comprehensive employee benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Retirement benefits through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) are provided. The Village of Bradley also provides paid vacation, personal, sick days, and holidays.
Village of Bradley
Location147 S Michigan Ave
Bradley, IL 60915
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references to Village Administrator Craig Anderson at email@example.com.
The Village is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be taken until the position is filled.
|Village of Bradley
Assistant Finance Director
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.