Finance and Customer Service Specialist (Accounts Receivable) | City of Highland Park
Posted on Aug 30, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
|Finance and Customer Service Specialist (AR)|
|$20.87 - $26.09 Hourly DOQ|
|Highland Park, Illinois|
Responsible for providing financial, administrative, clerical and customer service responsibilities in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial operations. Performs a variety of clerical, financial and public record keeping duties, including general information, collection and payment services to the public.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Finance and Customer Service Specialists may be assigned to any one of the main responsibilities and may be transferred between responsibilities. The current opportunity is focused on Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for managing and processing Accounts Receivable for the City. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Prepares customer billings and related notices.
- Processes UB & AR daily payments (lockbox/web)
- Processes daily parking ticket postings
- Posts AR Box & Lockbox daily
- Processes Real Estate Transfer Tax mail requests
- Processes payments at Administrative Hearings
- Parking permit administration
- Parking permit billing, adjustments, data entry
- Responsible for collections efforts within the City and maintaining aged receivables at a level that is in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Processes daily cash receipts and verifies that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures. Handles customer payments and other finance transactions including those that are related to, but not limited to, utility billing, parking citations, permits, vehicle licenses, animal registrations and real estate transfer taxes. Assists other Finance and Customer Service Specialists when needed by cross training on all functions of the department on a rotating basis, which includes payroll, utility billing, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable and vital records management.
- Provides public information services and customer service to customers within City Hall and on the telephone. Answers telephones for the main switchboard for the City. Prepares memorandums and documents as assigned and if necessary, provides notarization of documents.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
1-3 years of experience related to billing, collections, accounts payable, vendor maintenance and customer service. Experience which indicates the ability to multitask, increasing or changing responsibility, and technical ability functioning within a software suite is preferred.
Certification or license:
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Proficiencies:
Knowledge of office administration and electronic bookkeeping procedures. Ability to use or operate Microsoft Office Suite and standard office equipment. Knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and collections experience preferred. A high level of customer service, interpersonal and team building skills. Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills is also required. Attention to detail, accuracy and time management skills are necessary. The ability to learn quickly and apply basic policies is imperative.
IMRF Pension Eligible Position
City of Highland Park
1707 St Johns Ave
Highland Park, 0 60035
How to apply
To apply, visit the City's job board: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/highlandpark
E-mail CV to email@example.com
|City of Highland Park
Finance and Customer Service Specialist (Accounts Receivable)
|Highland Park, 0|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.