Information Technology Manager | City of Highland Park
Posted on Oct 19, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
Title: Information Technology Manager
Hiring Range: $96,600.00 - $120,700.00 depending on qualifications
Closing Date: Open until filled
Description of Primary Purpose
The Information Technology (IT) Manager is responsible for:
- Management of day-to-day IT Division operations, including management of the technology infrastructure, enterprise applications, and data, ensuring availability and security meet the City-wide requirements;
- Development and leadership of IT vision, strategy, objectives, policies, and procedures;
- Development and leadership of a cybersecurity strategy;
- Coordinating with Department Leaders for the information needs of all City Departments to ensure consistency with the City’s objectives and the City’s IT strategic plan;
- Partnering with all Departments to identify business processes and practices where technology solutions can be implemented to reduce costs, improve productivity, and better serve residents and personnel, while remaining current with technology trends to identify areas that are in need of improvement;
- Understanding Departmental needs and translating needs into technology solutions;
- Supervision, coaching, and development of the Division’s personnel;
- Supervision of the City’s contractual IT staff;
- Development and management of the Division’s annual budget and 10-year capital improvement plan;
- Interacting with and managing the City’s technology vendors ensuring services and products are delivered, as expected;
- Working with Legal to review vendor contracts, making recommendations, as needed, ensuring services and products are delivered, as required; and
- Supporting Department staff regarding Department management of the communications systems for cablecasting or live streaming of City Council or other public meetings.
Education: Knowledge, skills, and abilities acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. Completion of a Master’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related field preferred but not required.
Experience: Ten (10) years of progressively responsible Information Technology experience with at least three (3) years of supervisory experience preferred.
City of Highland Park
1707 St. Johns Ave.
Highland Park, IL 60035
How to apply
Additional information, full description, and application available at:
|City of Highland Park
Information Technology Manager
|Highland Park, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.