Senior Accountant | Village of Lake Zurich
Posted on Sep 9, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
Position Responsibilities: Performs intermediate administrative work preparing and maintaining the general ledger, budget and other financial records; assists in planning, organizing and managing in the financial activities of the Village, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the limited supervision of the Finance Director.
- Prepares, reviews, approves and enters journal entries.
- Prepares payroll for all Village employees; collects and calculates time sheets; enters and verifies payroll entries; adjusts leave; calculates insurance deductions.
- Serves as a liaison between the Finance and Human Resource departments; responds to inquiries and contacts staff to resolve payroll issues.
- Reviews and monitors accounts, deposits, and credit card transactions; ensures sufficient available funds for accounts payable and payroll; transfers funds as needed; reviews investment options and makes recommendations.
- Assists with the annual audit; prepares reports for auditors.
- Prepares and submits tax information (1099s).
- Prepares correspondence and reports for the comprehensive annual financial report; distributes comprehensive annual financial report to a variety of agencies.
- Assists with budget preparation; compiles reports; prepares budget booklets; participates in annual budget department reviews.
- Assists in special projects as designated by the Finance Director.
Position Qualifications: Bachelor's degree with coursework in accounting, finance, or related field and moderate experience in governmental accounting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Local government experience and CPA preferred. Candidate must be willing to work in a team environment and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting annual salary is $59,119 - $72,550 depending upon qualifications. Comprehensive benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave, and participation in the IMRF pension fund.
Village of Lake Zurich
70 East Main Street
Lake Zurich, 0 60047
How to apply
Application Process: Submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources, 70 E. Main Street, or fax 847-540-3785, or email to email@example.com. First review of resumes will be September 20, 2021.
|Village of Lake Zurich
|Lake Zurich, 0|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.