Staff Accountant | Cary Park District
Posted on Jun 21, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
Cary Park District
Position: Staff Accountant
Hiring Range: $48,252 - $60,315 annually DOE
Benefits: Excellent benefit package including IMRF (pension), health, dental, vision, life insurance and benefit time off
Close Date: Open until filled
The Cary Park District currently employs 21 full time staff and over 200 part time staff seasonally. The Cary Park District is seeking a motivated, independent and professional individual to serve the agency in the role of Staff Accountant. This position is full time and works primarily during regular day time hours during the week. The selected individual must be able to work with minimal supervision, produce accurate work on time, and be organized.
As the Staff Accountant for the Cary Park District, you will be an integral part of the agency. This position is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the Finance & Administration Department. The Park District utilizes MSI for their accounting software. The Staff Accountant must consistently show the ability to produce accurate work, be highly detail-minded in executing the various job responsibilities, working knowledge of GAAP, demonstrate problem solving and analytical ability. This position is responsible for a variety of tasks and duties including but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the month end process including journal entries, account reconciliations and financial reports.
- Complete and file the Park District’s monthly and annual Sales Tax Returns.
- Prepare and file the required quarterly payroll tax reports.
- Back up for the Accounting Clerk; specifically in relation to the bi-weekly process to generate payroll checks and issue accounts payable checks.
- Back up for the HR Coordinator.
- Prepare, issue and file 1099’s along with the corresponding reports.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Park District’s Fixed Asset reporting system.
- Assist with the preparation and provision of supporting documents for the annual audit as requested.
- Assist in the annual budget process as needed.
- Assist with internal control procedures throughout the Park District.
- Assist with the accounting of the Park Foundation in QuickBooks.
- Become proficient in ActiveNet Registration system within a year.
- Assist with accounting for various grants.
- Serve as the District’s liaison with our IT Consultant.
- Assist with the Unclaimed Checks process.
- Lead agency compliance with the Records Retention Act.
- Assist and work cooperatively with the Assistant Director of Finance.
- Assist with various projects.
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is preferred. Minimum of two years’ of prior experience in a similar role. Proficiency working with Microsoft Excel and a computerized financial system is required.
Cary Park District
255 Briargate Rd
Cary, 0 60013
How to apply
To Apply: Interest individuals should apply by submitting a resume with cover letter and three professional references to Meghan Tillson, HR Coordinator, at email@example.com. The cover letter should support the individuals background and alignment with the core abilities of the position identified in the 2nd paragraph of this job notice.
|Cary Park District
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.