Southern & Southwest Regions Lunch & Learn: Evaluating Banks Today
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
17 East Gate Plaza
East Alton, Illinois 62024
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Finance - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
You're invited to join the Southern and Southwest Regions for an in-person lunch and learn!
This session will give an overview of recent changes in the banking sector, such as liquidity injections in the economy, slowed loan demand, and more stringent capital requirements. The speaker will outline how to go about evaluating banks by highlighting resources available online and statistics to consider, as well as identifying firms that do such evaluations for free and for a fee. Lastly, the speaker will provide a banking RFP and checklist for attendees to take with them.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the impact of recent events on the banking sector and their potential consequences on public agency investment programs and policies
- Gain an understanding of how to consider the condition of a given bank and what factors to look for
- Learn about a few key statistics, such as Texas Ratio
- Learn where to look online to gather data that goes into bank evaluations
- Learn what firms provide bank evaluation services
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance -Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
REGISTRATION AND CANCELLATION POLICY
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.