GEN Lunch & Learn: How to Become a Better Leader in 60 Minutes or Less: Lessons from the Trenches of Local Government Service
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
485 Winchell Way
Glen Ellyn, Illinois 60137
Map and directions
|Field of Study
|Personal Development - Non-Technical
|Earn 1.00 CPE Hours
|Between 10/31/2021 and 11/2/2021
|Government / Partner Colleagues
The IGFOA Growth & Engagement Network (GEN) invites you to join them for their next lunch and learn! Are you a leader? Do you know any good leaders? Do you have what it takes to become a better leader? Through seventeen years of city management experience, six years as a municipal police officer, three years in the United States Army, and an obsession with leadership development, our presenter is excited to speak with you about how you, yes you, can become a better leader with simple easy to employ techniques as soon as you return to the office.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Understand the true meaning of leadership.
- Clearly see their leadership role in their organization, despite their current title.
- Comprehend the significant difference between the “A-word” and power.
- Understand the importance of connecting with others.
- Understand what most people crave and know how to give it to them.
- Give out gifts daily to your team members that do not violate the Gift Ban Act.
Speaker: James “Jim” Arndt, President/CEO of Arndt Municipal Support Inc.
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advance preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical
NASBA CPE: Earn about 1.0 CPE Hour
Registration check-in: 11:45 PM - 12:00 PM
Luncheon start time: 12:00 PM
Presentation start time: 12:15 PM
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.