Managing Difficult Conversations and People
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
|Field of Study
|Personal Development - Non-Technical
|Earn 1.00 CPE Hours
|Government / Partner Colleagues
The IGFOA South Metro Chapter and the Growth & Engagement Network present a webinar on Managing Difficult Conversations and People.
Every conversation is relevant to the participant. Often, we are looking at details, sharing opinions and looking to be heard. Sometimes, this is unbalanced. Ideas or information may be controversial or unpopular. How do we ensure that we can have impactful conversations when tensions are high, or outcomes need to happen quickly? How can we be partners and not work frenemies?
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Recognize and practice persuasion and negotiation;
- Reflect on ways to minimize defensiveness on both sides;
- Examine fact vs. story and practice reframing;
- Focus on delivering successful outcomes; and
- Bring out the best in difficult people.
Speaker: Loren Sanders, Senior Manager of Evolution and Transformation of Learning, Development and Performance at CVS Health and President of Professional Practice Training and Consulting
Intended Audience: All government management & finance professionals
Delivery Method: Group Internet Based
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Personal Development - Non-Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: March 9, 2022
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn About 1.0 CPE credit
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.