Advanced Governmental Accounting Seminar
|Date||Thursday, July 20, 2023
Save to your calendar
1120 E. Diehl Road
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Accounting (Governmental) - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 8.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 175.00|
This seminar will provide participants with an advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in the governmental accounting environment and how to apply those standards to all types of units of government in Illinois. Emphasis will be placed on understanding both the theory behind the principles via live lectures as well as the practical application and implementation of those principles using learning reinforcement tools.
Learning Objectives: Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Develop an advanced understanding of the various pronouncements covering accounting and reporting for cash and investments, including the application of risk disclosures related to deposits and investments;
- Apply the reporting entity criteria to various potential component units;
- Develop an advanced knowledge of capital asset accounting and reporting requirements;
- Apply the standards for accounting and reporting for debt issues; and
- Learn how to implement recent GASB pronouncements on Leases, Public-Public and Public-Private Partnerships and Subscription-Based Information Technology Arrangements.
Speakers: Christina Coyle, CPA, Director of Finance, City of Elmhurst, Frederick Lantz, CPA, Director, Government Services, Sikich LLP and Christine Torres, CPA, Partner, Crowe LLP
Intended Audience: Government finance officers, accountants, auditors and others that have completed the IGFOA Intermediate Governmental Accounting seminar or comparable course or have at least three years experience in governmental accounting or auditing.
Prerequisites and Preparation: This is an advanced-level seminar. Completion of the IGFOA Intermediate Governmental Accounting seminar or comparable course or have at least three years' experience in governmental accounting or auditing. No advanced preparation is required.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Advanced
Prerequisites: Refer to above
Advanced Preparation: Refer to above
Field of Study: Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Last Review/Revision/Update: July 20, 2023
NASBA CPE Credits: Earn about 8.0 CPE Credits
NIU Naperville is easily accessible from Interstates 88 and 355, just 27 miles from both O'Hare International Airport and Midway International Airport, and less than five miles from the Metra Train Station. For a list of hotels near NIU Naperville click here.
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.