Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
1120 E. Diehl Road
Map and directions
|Field of Study
|Finance - 6.5
|Earn 6.50 CPE Hours
|Between 8/15/2016 and 8/25/2016
|Government / Partner Colleagues
Please join us for the IGFOA's Fourth Annual Debt Institute, a full day of learning designed for finance directors and professional staff. The morning session will include a Keynote Address by Moody’s ratings service about the bond ratings climate, including challenges specific to unit of local government in Illinois. Other morning topics include roles of the participants in a bond financing, preparing for ratings calls, and a case study on refunding opportunities.
The afternoon session will include an address on the current legislative challenges in Springfield from a senior member of the Illinois General Assembly (invited), best communication practices between levels of leadership in a bond financing, the importance of Official Statements and continuing disclosure, a bond market update, and a session on common missteps in a bond financing.
As in the past, a team of seasoned professionals will be available to answer your questions and provide you with new insights regarding best practices and the ever-changing and increasingly complex environment for debt issuance.
Intended Audience: Finance Directors, Managers, Administrators, Accountants, Assistant Managers, Assistant Finance Directors, and professional staff and officials interested in local government debt management.
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this seminar should be able to:
- Better understand the bond ratings process and challenges unique to Illinois issuers.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the participants in a bond transaction, including municipal advisors, underwriters, bond counsel and disclosure counsel.
- Understand the benefits and risks of a bond refunding and how to decide whether to move forward.
- Appreciate the importance of accurate Official Statement disclosure and annual continuing disclosure in the municipal marketplace.
- Better understand the current state of the bond market.
- Understand common missteps in a bond transaction.
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance
Earn about 6.5 CPE Credits
Continental Breakfast, breaks and lunch included
Registration & Cancellation Policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis
- Payment must be mailed in advance or made by credit card at the time of registration
- IGFOA Members are those individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership
- IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to August 15, 2016. Cancellations after August 15, 2016 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.