Chicago Metro Chapter Lunch and Learn - Cybersecurity
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
Village of Elk Grove Village
901 Wellington Ave.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Information Technology - Technical - 1.5|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.50 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
Per the Juniper research, Cybercriminals will steal an estimated 33 billion records by 2023 which is around 12 billion+ records in 2018. Records include confidential personal and financial information, confidential government documents and corporate documents. Out of total attacks in the world, 38% are targeted in United States alone and the cost of average data breach comes out to be $7.91 million in addition to the lost piece of mind.
The seminar is intended to educate the participants about the cyber security with its ins and outs. The experienced speakers will engage in discussion with real-life case studies of cyber securities, their impact and lessons from it, as well as about the best practices to mitigate the risk and exposure of cyber security with its associated costs.
10:45 AM-11:15 AM: Check-in and Networking
11:15 AM-12:00 PM: Presentation - 1
12:00 -12:30 PM: Presentation - 2
12:30 PM: Lunch
Adam Perella – Senior Management Consultant at Sikich
Frank Ferro, Vice President and Senior Risk Advisor at Huntington Bank
Learning Objectives – Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Overall technical aspects of cybersecurity breaches and defense mechanisms available as of today.
- The Practical applications of cybersecurity policymaking and policies
- Real-life Case-studies of historical computer security problems and what we learned from it.
- Standard and best practices as well as available resources and mechanisms to fight the cyber security at personal, enterprise and governmental level.
- Cost of cyber security and its effectiveness
Intended Audience: All Finance and Local Government employees
Delivery Method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Information Technology - Technical and Finance - Technical
Earn About 1.5 CPE credit
Presented by the Chicago metro chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy below.
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
• No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
• For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
• A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
• Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
• A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.