Rock River Region Luncheon - New Changes to the Minimum Wage Law and Other Wage-Related Statutes
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
Tavern on Clark
755 Clark Drive
Rockford, IL 61104
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Finance - Technical|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.00 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 20.00|
Understanding New Changes to the Minimum Wage Law and Other Wage-Related Statutes
This seminar will explain the key amendments to the Minimum Wage Law, which take effect on January 1, 2020. This will include a review of the forthcoming wage increases, and a review of the new penalties and liability arising from violations of the IMWL’s wage and recordkeeping requirements. These changes will be reviewed in-depth along with an update on other wage-related statutes, regulations, and court decisions, including recent changes to the Government Severance Pay Act and the Wage Payment and Collection Act, and the coming changes to the Equal Pay Act.
Speaker: Kevin P. Noll, Attorney – Labor & Employment Law, Robbins Schwartz
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this seminar should be able to:
- Understand new changes to the Minimum Wage Law, including the implementation of wage increases and best practices for avoiding liability
- Articulate the new limitations on public bodies regarding severance agreements
- Articulate an employer’s new obligations for reimbursing employees’ expenses
- Explain the coming changes to the Equal Pay Act, adding new protections against gender-based discrimination in setting wages
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Finance-Technical
Earn about 1.00 CPE credit
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.