Central Region Lunch and Learn - Grievance Arbitration for Police Officers
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
Jupiter’s at the Crossing
2511 Village Green Pl
Champaign, IL 61822
Map and directions
|Delivery Method||In Person|
|Field of Study||Business Law - 1.0 Personnel/HR - .50|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 1.50 CPE Hours|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 25.00|
Grievance Arbitration for Police Officers
What does "just cause" mean when in a labor agreement involving discipline administered to police officers and sheriff deputies? This session will explain how this legal issue is presented to arbitrators, and offer insights as to how they formulate rulings.
Speaker: Michael H. LeRoy, Professor, School of Labor & Employment Relations & College of Law, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this session will be able to:
- Learn "Seven Key Tests" of just cause discipline.
- Understand how arbitrators evaluate evidence in these arbitration cases.
- Become familiar with common reasons for arbitrator decisions to overturn discipline in these cases
Intended Audience: Finance Professionals
Delivery method: Group Live
Program Level: Overview
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Business Law and Personel/HR
Earn about 1.50 CPE credit
Presented by the Downstate chapter
Registration & Cancellation Policy
Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis. Payments by check should be mailed in advance or made at time of registration by credit card.
Cancellation of an event registration is subject to the following policy:
- No refunds will be given for cancellations the day of the event and no shows.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations five (5) business days or more prior to an event, refunds will be offset by a $20 cancellation fee.
- For IGFOA event registration cancellations within five (5) business days of the training, refunds will be offset by a cancellation fee of 50% of the registration fee.
- A substitute attendee may be designated provided that the payment has been made and the IGFOA office has been notified in advance.
- Cancellation policy for chapter events may differ from this policy at the chapters’ discretion.
- A written request for a refund must be emailed to the IGFOA prior to the event.
By submitting this registration, the applicant agrees to the registration and cancellation policy above.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full. Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event.
If you have questions about the cancellation and refund policy, your membership, or a complaint, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587. The IGFOA reserves the right to apply the non-member fee to any individual or government that has not paid dues for the current year.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.