Utility Billing Seminar
Registration for this event has closed.
Save to your calendar
See Description for locations
Map and directions
|Field of Study||Business Law - 1.5 Business Management & Organization - 5.0|
|NASBA CPE||Earn 6.50 CPE Hours|
|Type||Before 6/9/2016||Between 6/9/2016 and 6/16/2016|
|Members||$ 85.00||$ 100.00|
|Government / Partner Colleagues||$ 95.00||$ 110.00|
|Non-members||$ 125.00||$ 140.00|
Join with other municipal utility billing personnel for a seminar and peer discussion on utility billing processes including recognizing and responding to both high and low water usage; opportunities available to help you collect on outstanding account balances; legal issues to be cognizant of; and improve your customer service skills. Participants will be encouraged to share their procedures and practices with the group as specific topics are discussed. This seminar is a great opportunity to network and learn what others are already doing in their communities.
LOCATIONS - attend at one of the host sites listed below:
• Aurora City Hall, 44 E Downer Place, Aurora, IL 60505
• Collinsville City Hall, 125 South Center Street, Collinsville, IL 62234
• Hoffman Estates Village Hall, 1900 Hassell Road, Hoffman Estates IL
• Moline Water Treatment Plant, 30 - 18th Street, Moline, IL 61265
• Poplar Grove Village Hall, 200 Hill St., Poplar Grove, IL 61065
• Stage Left Café, 125 West Van Buren, Woodstock, IL
NEW SITE • Manhattan Village Hall, 260 Market Place, Manhattan, IL 60442
Intended Audience: Local government professional and support staff involved in the utility billing process
Warning Flags – How to Identify, Validate, and Respond to Unusual Water
Understand how to identify the warning signs of unusually high or low water usage, determine if the readings are correct, and properly respond to the customer.
Speakers: Timothy J. Gavin, Klein Hall CPAs, Beatrice Torres, City of Aurora, Lily Vazquez, Elk Grove Village, and Mandy Flatt, Village of North Aurora
Taking Customer Service to the Next Level
Learn how to build customer appreciation by improving communication skills, effectively handling customer complaints and negative situations, and avoiding burnout.
Speaker: Elizabeth S. Adducci, Third Millennium Associates, Inc
Collection Methods – Avoiding the Write-Off
Deadbeat accounts? Find out about the various options available to assist in collecting delinquent balances.
Speakers: Dave Brady, Sebis Direct Inc., Rachel Musiala, Village of Hoffman Estates, and Patricia Cross, Village of Hoffman Estates
Legal Aspects of Utility Billing
Learn about utility billing legal issues including bankruptcy/foreclosure, payment plans, liens, shut-off procedures, and collections.
Speaker: Patricia Cross, Village of Hoffman Estates
Learning Objectives - Participants completing this session will be able to:
• Learn techniques to recognize and respond to a customer’s unusual water consumption
• Build upon your customer service skills by learning best practices
• Learn how to properly manage legal issues confronted with during the utility billing process such as bankruptcy/foreclosure, liens, payment plans, shut-off procedures and collections
• Discuss creative options to assist you in collecting delinquent balances
Delivery method: Group-Live
Program Level: Basic
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required
Advanced Preparation: No advanced preparation required
Field of Study: Business Law, Business Management & Organization
Earn about 6.5 CPE Credits
If you are interested in serving as a regional site, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each regional site is asked to provide:
• a site moderator to help guide participants at their site through group discussions on utility billing topics
• coffee and water for participants
• coordinate ordering and delivery of box lunch, cost to be reimbursed by IGFOA
• a conference or training room with capacity of at least 20 and has
• a phone line with speaker phone
• a reliable high-speed Internet access
• a laptop, projector and screen
In exchange for serving as a regional site, your government would receive up to 2 complimentary registrations.
IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agendas and/or speakers, cancel the trainings due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full.
Registration & Cancellation Policy
- Registrations are accepted on a first-in, first registered basis
- Payment must be mailed in advance or made by credit card at the time of registration
- IGFOA Members are those individuals specifically listed in the IGFOA Membership Application or Renewal. IGFOA Government non-member rate applies to staff, appointed officials, and elected officials of a government with a current IGFOA membership
- IGFOA reserves the right to apply non-member fee to any individual that has not paid dues for the current year
- If you are unable to attend, please contact IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com as soon as possible
- A $20 cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations up to June 9, 2016. Cancellations after June 9, 2016 and no-shows are responsible for the full tuition.
- IGFOA reserves the right to modify the agenda and/or speakers, cancel the training due to low enrollment, or to close registration if full
- Should IGFOA cancel an event, cancellation notice will be sent to the email address provided by each registrant and prominently posted at the IGFOA website page announcing the event
Please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific dietary needs.
If you have any questions regarding this seminar, cancellations, complaints, or refunds, please contact the IGFOA at 630-942-6587 or email@example.com.
Approved by the National Registry of CPE Sponsors
CPE Registry Illinois Government Finance Officers Association (IGFOA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State Boards of Accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.