Accounting Manager | Village of Schaumburg
Posted on Oct 4, 2019 and open until Nov 15, 2019.
VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
SCHAUMBURG, IL (pop. 75,936) Dynamic community of diverse residential neighborhoods and a thriving epicenter of retail and commercial activity. Located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago, Schaumburg has the second largest concentration of retail, office, and commercial activity in the state of Illinois and was recently named one of the “Top Ten Best Places to Live” by Money Magazine Schaumburg is also ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub's "Best Illinois Cities for Jobs". As a home rule community with a AAA bond rating, Schaumburg offers a wide variety of municipal amenities including a regional airport, Boomers baseball stadium, Al Larson Prairie Center for the Arts, and the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center. The Schaumburg Finance department has received multiple awards from the Government Finance Officers Association for Excellence in Financial Reporting and for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
INVITES ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Accounting Manager (Finance Department) with an online application deadline of 10/20/2019. Applications will be considered as they are received.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $75,768.58 - $92,820.32 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $75,768.58 - $109,873.66
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
The Accounting Manager is an essential member of the Finance team and, as the village’s certified public accountant, works directly with management to develop, implement, and coordinate fiscal activities of the Village of Schaumburg. Additionally, this position supervises the Accounting division personnel and ensures regulatory compliance with GASB pronouncements and payroll tax laws.
Specifically, the Accounting Manager will:
Supervise, evaluate, mentor and coach the Accounting Division.
- Maintain, examine, and reconcile general ledger activity.
- Oversee Payroll responsibilities.
- Research and implement latest accounting standards, GASB pronouncements, and Village policies and procedures.
- Maintain financial security by monitoring and adhering to internal controls.
- Assist in the coordination of the annual audit, assign responsibilities, and prepare work papers and deadlines.
- Assist in the preparation of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
- Prepare a variety of monthly, annual, and special reports outlining, analyzing and forecasting pertinent financial information.
- Provide cash management and investment tracking for all treasury functions.
- Coordinate preparation of required pension fund reporting.
- Participate in preparation of the annual budget.
- Provide accounting direction and guidance to other village departments and grant requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business administration, finance, public administration, or related field.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required.
- Master's Degree in accounting, business administration, finance, public administration, or related field preferred.
- A minimum of three years of accounting experience.
- A minimum of two years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
Considerable knowledge of accounting theory and practice. Ability to apply established accounting and budgeting methods and techniques. Ability to prepare accurate accounting records and reports.
- This position works in a typical office setting.
- Prolonged periods of concentration, proofreading, and extensive computer work.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and develop pertinent financial data in preparation of reports and statements.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to staff from village departments in the proper preparation of financial transactions.
- Ability to cope with numerous interruptions.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Village of Schaumburg
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
How to apply
|Village of Schaumburg
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.