Assistant Finance Director | City of Berwyn
Posted on Jul 1, 2021
- Assist the Finance Director in coordinating the annual budget process and tax levy submission
- Help with the preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Financial Report in accordance with GASB pronouncements and GFOA guidelines
- Supervision of the payroll process
- Monthly analysis of budget versus actual performance for all City funds
- Review of existing internal controls and financial processes and recommend areas of improvement
- Documentation of financial policies and procedures
- Assist the Finance Director in preparing for the annual audit
- Preparation and review of City bank reconciliations
- Work with staff in reconciling the health/dental insurance premium bills with the payroll related withholdings, retiree payments, and pension fund deductions
- Assist department heads with inquiries concerning payments of invoices, payroll, budget, etc.
- Preparation of various analysis for all City Funds
- Availability to attend City Council meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA a plus
- Outstanding team player that works effectively not only with other employees and managers but also independently
- At least three years’ experience in municipal accounting/auditing preferred. Public accounting experience a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Solid organizational, managerial, and analytical skills
- Superior computer skills especially in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in Adobe and PowerPoint a plus.
- Extensive ERP accounting system software knowledge required. Experience with Tyler New World System’s Logos.NET a plus
City of Berwyn
6700 West 26th Street
Berwyn , IL 60402
How to apply
Applications: May be obtained at the city website www.berwyn-il.gov and at Berwyn City Hall, 6700 W. 26th Street, Berwyn, Illinois 60402. Please submit cover letter, resume, and references either electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the mail at 6700 West 26th Street, Berwyn, IL 60402, Attn: Mayor’s Office.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
All City of Berwyn applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
|City of Berwyn
Assistant Finance Director
|Berwyn , IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.