Assistant Finance Director | City of Berwyn
Posted on Dec 20, 2022 and will remain open until filled.
The City of Berwyn is seeking an accounting professional to help the Finance Department tackle various challenging financial projects. This position involves various administrative and technical functions related to general accounting, budget development and maintenance, financial reporting, and audit preparation. Specifically, the responsibilities and qualifications of the position are outlined below.
- Assist the Finance Director in coordinating the annual budget process and tax levy submission
- Help with the preparation of the Annual Comprehensive Report in accordance with GASB pronouncements and GFOA guidelines
- Supervision of the payroll process
- Monthly analysis of budget versus actual performance for all City funds
- Review of existing internal controls and financial processes and recommend areas of improvement
- Document financial policies and procedures
- Assist the Finance Director in preparing for the annual audit
- Preparation and review of City bank reconciliations
- Work with staff in reconciling the health/dental insurance premium bills with the payroll-related withholdings, retiree payments, and pension fund deductions
- Assist department heads with inquiries concerning invoice payments, payroll, budget, etc.
- Preparation of various analysis for all City Funds
- Attend City Council meetings as requested
- Other duties as assigned and required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Outstanding team player that can work effectively cross-departmentally as well as independently
- Minimum three years’ experience in municipal accounting/auditing preferred. Public accounting experience a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, managerial, and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe, especially advanced Excel skills (including Pivot Tables and VLookup functions).
- Extensive ERP accounting system software knowledge is required. Experience with Tyler New World System’s ERP plus
$80,000 to $100,000 - Commensurate of experience
- Excellent Health Insurance, Dental, and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) Pension
- Paid Time Off - vacation, personal days, sick time, and city holidays
City of Berwyn
Location6700 West 26th Street
Berwyn, IL 60402
How to apply
Applications: May be obtained at the city website www.berwyn-il.gov and at Berwyn City Hall, 6700 W. 26th Street, Berwyn, Illinois 60402. Please submit resume along with an introductory email to email@example.com with subject line titled “Assistant Finance Director Candidate Application”.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
All City of Berwyn applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.
|City of Berwyn
Assistant Finance Director
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.