Supervisor - Accounts Payable (F/T), MFRE31592CASHD | College of Dupage
Posted on Feb 14, 2020 and open until Apr 14, 2020.
Direct the accurate and timely processing of payments to vendors, independent contractors, employees and students; process all travel requests and expense reports and manage payment of student refunds.
- Supervise a staff of five (5) to ensure the accurate processing and issuance of 70,000 disbursements totaling in excess of $200 million in the form of checks, credit cards, ACH, wires, bank debits.
- Process map all capitalization, payment and reimbursement policies and procedures and make presentations to College staff as required. Ensure compliance to College policy and maintain list of authorized signers.
- Manage the payment of all student refunds due to overpayments and financial assistance awards.
- Audit employee expense reports, procurement cards statements, travel card statements, and corporate card statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with College policies and procedures. Investigate and resolve non-compliance issues.
- Manage activities related to the identifying of fraudulent checks and coordination of investigation of such with COD police.
- Monitor employee pre-travel advances. Review advance requests for Manager's approval. Maintain and update spreadsheets for tracking purposes.
- Manage College's procurement card and travel card program payment processing activities.
- Develop annual disbursement schedule and adherence to said schedule.
- Manage production of monthly board report cash disbursement detail data for presentation to the COD Board.
- Manage preparation of monthly disbursement data and coordinate publishing of data to the company public website.
- Develop process maps for new disbursement initiatives or changes to existing processes.
- Coordinate ongoing vendor/employee ACH set-up as well as student refunds.
- Coordinate the prenoting of vendor/employee accounts; maintain prenote database and monitor bank activity for completed or failed prenotes. Notify vendor/employee of failed prenotes.
- Collaborate with College of DuPage Accounts Receivable staff for student refunds and financial aid disbursements. Process student refunds in accordance with College policy and financial aid.
- Interface with vendors, employees, and students to resolve problems regarding payments and refunds.
- Prepare check requests for utilities, telephone service, legal fees, dining services, construction projects and other miscellaneous payments.
- Assemble documentation for annual external audit.
- Manage data collection activities necessary to respond to freedom of information requests.
- Process 1099 miscellaneous tax statements for independent contractors; ensure tax statements are issued in accordance with IRS regulations.
- Prepare and enter manual check/ACH disbursements and process the reissuance of stale dated checks and process voided checks.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience in managing an Accounts Payable/Disbursements operations within a fast paced environment. Must be proficient in accounting, account reconciliations, and recordkeeping and have excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be extremely proficient in computerized financial systems and MSOffice applications to include Word and Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Must possess strong analytical skills. Proficient in written and spoken English.
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related degree.
Five (5) years accounts payable experience utilizing Colleague financials. Experience with Concur travel management system and accounts payable/purchasing systems.
Personal computer, calculator, telephone, type 40 wpm, copier and fax.
Some late evenings and/or weekend work may be required as determined by the needs of the College to ensure schedules are met.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
College of Dupage
Glen Ellyn, IL
How to apply
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.