Utility billing clerk - Union position Salary is $48,151.57 | Village of Romeoville
Posted on Sep 4, 2020 and open until Sep 25, 2020.
This is specialized clerical/accounting work involving processing and maintaining financial records. Work assignments primarily involve the billing, recording, and collection of utility service charges and fees and performing other support functions in the Finance Department. Processes utility accounts, handles customer requests and/or complaints. Processes all requests relating to the Real Estate Transfer Tax including clearance letters and transfer stamp issuance. Work involves routine as well as complex tasks. Requires independent judgment, as this position is first line for customer complaints and problem accounts. Must deal with public daily on sensitive issues. Under general supervision of the Finance Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs all functions relating to utility billing, including entering reads, posting, preparation of bills for mailing, posting cash received, and entering meter readings to begin to billing cycle.
- Directs meter reader to secure reads and enters data to process bills.
- Handles the scheduling for the meter reader so reads are obtained in a timely manner.
- Sets up and monitors payment plans.
- Responsible for collections on all utility and rubbish accounts. This includes sending reminder notices, posting penalties, and referring accounts to collection clerk and/or attorney. Prepares shut-off list public works.
- Work towards the collection of bad debts. Maintains records and files liens for water accounts.
- Maintains vacant house listing for monthly follow up by meter reader.
- Opens new accounts and closes old accounts
- Downloads and proofs Access Plus reads.
- Works closely with field staff in coordinating efforts regarding customer service requests and related areas.
- Coordinates monthly shut off with Public Works staff.
- Assists Code Enforcement Officers in locating abandoned and vacant homes.
- Coordinates clearance letters amongst various departments.
- Issues transfer stamps.
Village of Romeoville
1050 W Romeo Road
Romeoville, IL 60446
How to apply
at www.romeoville.org and complete a online application
|Village of Romeoville
Utility billing clerk - Union position Salary is $48,151.57
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.