Business Manager | Sugar Grove Park District
Posted on Feb 22, 2021 and open until Mar 14, 2021.
SUMMARY: Fox Valley Special Recreation Association (FVSRA) and Sugar Grove Park District (SGPD) (herein individually as “Agency” or collectively as “Agencies”) are seeking a shared full-time Business Manager responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Accounting/Finance functions of each Agency. These functions include establishing and maintaining each Agency’s accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Prepares financial reports and presents findings and recommendations to top management. Specific duties will differ with each Agency.
This position will have specified scheduled days at FVSRA and SGPD but may require occasional flexibility in altering schedules depending on the needs of each Agency.
SALARY/SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $75,000
BENEFITS: Complete medical, dental, vision, and life insurance package; vacation, personal, and sick days; ten paid holidays; pension plan; IPRA and NRPA Membership; continuing education opportunities; Member Agency leisure benefits.
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: The Executive Director at each respective Agency
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, public finance, business, public administration or related field of study.
- 3-5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience.
- Knowledge of accounting, budgeting, managing processes, financial software (QuickBooks), audit, governmental accounting, and laws effecting financial/accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software. QuickBooks ProAdvisor (preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with other employees, clientele and the public.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Insures compliance with Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Insures compliance with Payment Card Industry (PCI).
- Audit, develop, and implement financial systems.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures, district cash flow, expenditures, and fund transfers.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data to necessary personnel and managers.
- Oversee and lead quarterly department and annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Executive Directors; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep administration team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Leads the organization through its annual audits as the organization conduit for the external auditors.
- Maximizes return, and limits risk, on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments follow investment policy
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for Executive Directors and Board of Directors.
- Calculate, prepare, complete, and file all State and Federal forms. (W-2s, Form IL-941, UI-3/40)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Must follow all of the safety policies as indicated by the PDRMA Loss Control Program and the Safety Manual.
- Backup processing registration forms for various programs using CivicRec software and troubleshooting any registration or financial software issues.
- Prepare bank deposits (scanning checks via Panini machine) or take to the bank (cash deposits) if necessary
- Maintains, with strict confidentiality, documents as related to personnel issues and works with records, files, other written and oral information which requires confidentiality such as documents relating to employee compensation, wages and benefits, personnel issues, employee insurance claims.
- Perform other duties related to the Business/Accounting Manager, or duties in the best interest of the Agency.
- Be familiar with, interpret and adhere to all policies and procedures outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual, Personnel Policy Manual and Safety Manual.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO SUGAR GROVE PARK DISTRICT:
Administers FMLA leave.
PDRMA Health & Wellness Ambassador and Benefits Coordinator.
Process monthly CARE payments.
Processes program refunds and program cancellations in Rec1.
Daily input/clerical activities in the areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, general ledger entries, payroll, registration refunds, payables, petty cash and tax filing.
Coordinates employee benefits and recommends policy changes.
DUTIES SPECIFIC TO FOX VALLEY SPECIAL RECREATION ASSOCIATION:
Create financial reports for the FVSR Foundation.
Collaboration - Promotes and supports work teams and groups
Reliability - Performs responsibilities dependably and accurately, fulfills promised actions
Responsiveness - Focuses on the customer, willingly helps others and provides prompt service
Assurance - Conveys trusts and inspires confidence
Empathy - Deals with individuals, appreciates their differences, handles emotions and shows compassion for others
Self Confidence - Recognizes the contributions of others and is conscious of own ability
Initiative - Begins and follows through energetically with plans and tasks
Communication - Shares information, listens to what others are saying
Adaptability - Makes decisions and solves complex problems
This job operates in an office setting occasionally assisting with larger Agency Programs or Foundation events. The noise level can range from quiet to loud. When working indoors conditions can include different types of lighting and temperatures. When working outdoors you may be exposed to different types of weather conditions. You may be exposed to elements when driving to meetings or assisting with Agency programs or Foundation events.
The Business Manager must, with or without reasonable accommodations, be able to perform the following functions:
Regularly required to have hearing and speech adequate to communicate in person, by telephone; vision adequate to read standard text; bodily movement adequate to drive an automobile; manual dexterity adequate to write and use computers with a high accuracy rate, for periods of up to one hour or more without a break; strength to perform moderate lifting and carrying of items weighting up to 20 pounds.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and the general public.
Ability to identify practical solutions to complex problems.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must exhibit good safety awareness, problem solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the park district
2121 W Indian Trail
Aurora, IL 60506
(West end of the Vaughan Athletic Center)
Sugar Grove Park District:
61 Main Street
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
This job description is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and work conditions of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify the duties of this position and designate other functions as essential at any point in time. Management may also modify working hours and work location at any point in time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
Sugar Grove Park District
Sugar Grove, IL 60554
How to apply
Email resume to Karen Pritchard, Executive Director of the Sugar Grove Park District at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sugar Grove Park District
|Sugar Grove, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.