Executive Director | Firemen’s Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago
Posted on Feb 16, 2021 and open until Mar 22, 2021.
The Firemen’s Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago (the “Fund”) is a statutory pension fund in Chicago, Illinois administered pursuant to the Illinois Pension Code. The Board of Trustees of the Fund is an eight-member Board comprised of four ex officio members and four members elected by the Fund’s members. The Fund’s assets are approximately $1.14 billion as of December 31, 2019 and the Fund serves approximately 4,630 active and 5,128 retired members. The Fund is seeking an Executive Director with a unique blend of strategic leadership skills, financial expertise, and administrative acumen to lead the Fund.
This position reports to the Retirement Board of Trustees and has general oversight of approximately 15 employees in Chicago, Cook County, Illinois. Information on the Fund can be obtained at www.fabf.org.
The ideal Executive Director candidate will possess several of the following attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, political science, law, or related fields.
- Knowledge of and experience with pension fund investment structures.
- Experience at the executive level in pension fund administration and fiduciary obligations, including asset management, benefit administration, and the statutory and regulatory aspects of such management and administration.
- Executive management experience in supervising, managing, developing and motivating staff.
- Knowledge of benefit design, actuarial valuations, actuarial funding methods, alternative methods of investment management, financial reporting, accounting, and automated systems.
- Experience working with state legislatures and other public bodies on regulatory issues.
- Experience working with a board of trustees.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
The position offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and is expected to be in the annual salary range of $150,000 to $165,000. The position also includes an excellent benefits package.
Firemen’s Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago
20 S. Clark St., Suite 300
Chicago, IL 60603
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit resume and letter of interest up to and including 5:00 p.m. Central Standard Time, March 22, 2021, to:
Burke Burns & Pinelli, Ltd.
|Firemen’s Annuity and Benefit Fund of Chicago
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.