Financial Assistant | CM Services, Inc.
Posted on Aug 31, 2021 and will remain open until filled.
The Financial Assistant fills a key role within the accounting group supporting various aspects of finance and accounting for CM. Candidate will need to be effective in the general accounting function for CM as well as for CM Association Partners. First and foremost, the position is responsible for processing Accounts Payable: processing, verifying and reconciling invoices; generating payments to vendors; entering transactions in GP 2016R2 Payables module; processing signed checks/payments in compliance with Association and CM procedures.
Principal duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain accounting systems to accurately record all financial activity relating to cash payments and accounts payable.
- Generate a daily report for Positive Pay/Payee for CFO
- Record daily payments and deposits in association partner check registers, alerting CFO if balance is above/below thresholds.
- Maintain complete W-9 records for all CM and CM Association Partner vendors and prepare annual Form 1099-NECs and Form 1096 in compliance with IRS regulations.
- Process incoming mail daily; accurately endorse payments received for CM and CM Association Partners and communicate with association staff.
- Prepare monthly journal entries for non-invoiced receivables
- Process monthly corporate credit card: code each line item to the proper account and securing support for all charges; meet payment deadline to qualify for discount; process employee expense reports.
- Conduct monthly close of copier and postage machines; generate reports and prepare journal entry to record charge to CM Association Partners.
- Maintain document of CM and CM Association Partner insurance policies, payments, and effective dates and assist CFO with renewal applications.
- Assist CFO with annual audits.
- Cross train in accounts receivable
- Microsoft Great Plains, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Willingness to learn and adapt to automation of accounting functions.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Ability to meet and manage deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure.
- Problem identification and resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- College degree; emphasis in business or accounting
CM Services, Inc.
800 E Roosevelt Road, Building C, Suite 312
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
How to apply
Interested applicants should forward a coverletter and resume to Loretta Tomfohrde at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|CM Services, Inc.
|Glen Ellyn, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.