Director of Finance | Batavia Park District
Posted on Jul 16, 2020 and will remain open until filled.
ABOUT US: The Batavia Park District has been named one of the Top Workplaces by the Chicago Tribune for three years in a row (2016, 2017 & 2018)! The mission of the Batavia Park District is to be committed to excellence by providing fun, safe and innovative open space and recreational opportunities that will enrich the quality of life for our residents. Nestled in the scenic Fox River Valley and just 45 miles west of Chicago, the Batavia Park District serves a thriving, growing community of 26,298 people strong. The Batavia Park District maintains and operates approximately 350 acres, compromised of 40 park sites.
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Finance is responsible for all financial and accounting activities which include maintaining the District's financial systems, payroll systems, the organization and supervision of all financial policies and internal control procedures, coordination of the annual audit, preparation and monitoring of the Annual Operating Budget, debt management, investment of funds, purchasing and preparation of the annual tax levy. This position is responsible for an annual operating budget of $8.5 million with a total budget of $10 million. This position directly supervises the Payroll & Accounts Payable Coordinator. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- This position serves as an asset to the Leadership Team by providing clear direction, forward thinking and stable leadership with sound financial practices.
- Oversee an annual operating budget of $8.5 million with a total budget of $10 million.
- Administer banking functions which include deposits, wire transfers, direct deposit, in-store credit accounts, employee purchasing cards and bank statement reconciliations.
- Develops financial strategies to meet the overall vision and goals of the Batavia Park District.
- Prepare annual tax levy, budget and Annual Operating Budget and budget and appropriation ordinance, Treasurer’s Report, prevailing wage ordinance and other financial documents required by law.
- Directs and coordinates the development of the District’s Annual Operating Budget.
- Administer debt management and issuance including determination of bond type, appropriate sizing and timing.
- Assist in the development of the District’s Capital Development Plan and long term capital and recreation program pricing financial models.
- Oversee the District’s payroll operations, vendor database and time and attendance system (ADP).
- Serves as the authorized agent for the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
- Oversee the District’s document archive records management system. Coordinate the records disposal activities through the Illinois Secretary of State.
- Serves as chair for the Technology Committee. This includes overseeing the development of the IT Strategic Master Plan, and the implementation of new IT projects.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Public Administration or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred and CPA highly desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive work experience and supervisory experience required.
- Fund accounting experience is mandatory.
- The ideal candidates will have the ability to communicate complex financial information clearly to residents and will model our core values: integrity, trust, respect, creativity, motivation, growth, clarity and teamwork.
- A history of leading cross-communication and collaboration are also necessary for success.
- CPRP certification is not required at date of hire, but something that is desired in the future if hired.
BENEFITS: In exchange for your time and talent, we offer a generous benefits package including: Medical coverage (PPO or HMO), dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, pension/benefit plan (IMRF), paid time off (including holiday, vacation, personal, and sick) and Park District facility and Program benefits. Work life balance is important at the Batavia Park District.
STARTING SALARY: $83,000 - $91,000 (depending on qualifications). In this role, you will be required to work Monday through Friday, 40 hours a week along with participation in some activities, meetings and events that may fall on occasional evenings and or weekends. Attendance at Park Board Meetings 1x/month is required.
Batavia Park District
327 W. Wilson Street
Batavia, IL 60510
How to apply
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter, resume and online application at bataviaparks.org. Only online applications and qualified candidates will be considered for potential candidacy and contacted for potential interviews. Batavia Park District is an equal opportunity employer (and one of the best places to work)!
|Batavia Park District
Director of Finance
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.