Manager - Procurement Services (F/T), MFRE32012PURCH | College of Dupage
Posted on Jan 10, 2020 and open until Mar 10, 2020.
To direct the purchasing activity for the College, ensuring that the procurement process is conducted in compliance with all Board Policies, Administrative Procedures and State Statutes. To direct this activity in an efficient, transparent fashion while ensuring the integrity of the processes in order to benefit the student, the District's taxpayer constituency and the institution.
- Responsible for the content of all procurement documents, including requisitions; specifications; contracts for supply, service, public works, professional services; and non-bid contract documents such as those for professional services, software purchases and maintenance; to ensure compliance with Administrative Procedures, Board of Trustee Policies and State of Illinois Statutes and reflect the integrity of the College.
- Identify and propose specific changes in language of statutes, policies and procedures as they pertain to procurement which would be of benefit to the College and the College's constituency.
- Review procurement transactions to prevent over-expenditures of budget and unauthorized purchases and resolve price and term discrepancies on invoices.
- Create, evaluate and approve all formal bid documents for compliance with College Administrative Procedures, Board of Trustee Policies and State of Illinois Statutes and the needs of the using department.
- Supervise the opening of bids to ensure the process is conducted fairly and equitably.
- Prepare materials for review by the Director of Business Affairs and the Vice President for Administrative Affairs for submittal to the President for inclusion in the Board of Trustees monthly meeting agenda; materials shall include letters requesting authorization to enter into sole source agreements, rationales for all items requiring Board approval, results of bid openings, and bid award recommendations.
- Coordinate and direct Facilities management in the procurement of all construction related services including coordination with approved architects and engineers and review of bid documents. Represent the College at all pre-bid meetings, issue addenda and confirm that all contractors are in compliance with bid specifications in terms of bid bonds, performance bonds and insurance requirements.
- Respond to inquiries from all levels of the organization, including Board of Trustees, President, Vice President, and Budget Managers, with regard to the College purchasing process, policies and procedures and state laws, purchasing acts and provisions pertaining to public procurement.
- Publish Legal Notices in newspapers to fulfill requirements of State Statute and alert District businesses of bid opportunities.
- Determine, implement and monitor appropriate controls in order to ensure the integrity of the institution's purchasing activity, including recognizing potential legal issues associated with procurement and consulting with the College's legal counsel through proper channels as necessary.
- Responsible for oversight, optimization, and management of the College's purchasing software.
- Collaborate with Finance Departments (i.e., A/P, Cash Management) to ensure efficient and effective procurement payment systems and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight and administration of the College's procurement card program including interfacing with procurement card vendor to address requirements and issues.
- Maintain the College's Minority and Women Business Enterprise (BEP) vendor program, including responsibility for tracking and reporting participation results to the Board of Trustees and Illinois Community College Board (ICCB).
- Supervise the Purchasing Procurement Services staff, including hiring staff, training, evaluating performance and implementing disciplinary actions as necessary. Determine and assign requisitions to an appropriate staff member according to availability and abilities.
- Responsible for planning, preparation and monitoring of the department's budget and for the development and completion of departmental goals.
- Attend Board of Trustees meetings as required by the Director of Business Affairs.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the Director of Business Affairs and/or the Vice President for Administrative Affairs.
A minimum of five (5) years' experience in public procurement or closely related work experience of a progressively responsible nature. At least two (2) years' supervisory experience. Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, along with good communication and interpersonal skills.
Bachelor's Degree required.
Five-plus (5+) years' in governmental or public education procurement. At least three (3) years' supervisory experience.
Master's Degree in Business Administration/Management and Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (C.P.S.M.).
Personal computer, telephone, calculator and multifunction copier (copy/scan/fax).
General office environment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/qg6ysvts5wszxrbf
College of Dupage
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137
How to apply
|College of Dupage
Manager - Procurement Services (F/T), MFRE32012PURCH
|Glen Ellyn, IL|
This information is provided by the party posting the listing and is solely responsible for its content. IGFOA is not responsible for the accuracy of the listing.