Volunteer Opportunities: If you are interested in volunteering on one of the IGFOA committees please visit the volunteer opportunities page and contact the IGFOA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Resources Page
- Growth & Engagement Network
- Legislative Committee
- Serves as the Association's voice in the state and federal legislation process and develops relations with state constitutional offices in order to communicate local government views and promote sound government financial policies.
- Membership Committee
- Works to encourage membership participation in Illinois GFOA activities and attract new members.
- Nominating Committee
- Slate of Candidates for the 2019-2020 IGFOA Executive Board
- Partners Forum
- Advise the Executive Board, as requested, on matters pertaining to Partner Program, Associate members' dues, benefits, and participation in the Annual Conference and other training events. Also assists with retention of Partners and Associate members and outreach to potential members.
- Past Presidents' Circle
- An informal network of Past Presidents, this Circle is an effort to recognize the contributions of our Past Presidents and draw on their knowledge of the association and profession. Typically meets at least once each year in late summer.
- Professional Education Committee
- Provides technical, informational and skill-building courses widely recognized for quality, relevance to current needs and contribution to individual professional development. Upcoming Educational Opportunities IGFOA Power Point Template IGFOA Template - Presentation Checklist and Due Dates IGFOA Template - Agenda, Description, and Learning ObjectivesContent Review FormInstructors CPE formHow to View/Download Your CPE Certificates
- Technical Accounting Review Committee (TARC)
- Monitors and comments on activities and rulings of the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). The committee provides testimony on GASB standards and educates the IGFOA membership on those standards. JOINT WHITE PAPER FOR GASB 84 WITH THE ILLINIOS CPA SOCIETY AUDITOR RELATIONSHIP (Guide to Selecting an Auditor) DUPAGE WATER COMMISSION REFUND GASB EXPOSURE DRAFTS - IGFOA Responses GASB 33 IMPACT ON PROPERTY TAX RECOGNITION IN IL - Joint Response by IGFOA & ILCPA GASB (ITC) ON THE FINANCIAL REPORTING MODEL - TARC Response GASB LINKS IMET LIQUIDATING TRUST - Recommended Practice for Treatment of Balances IMPLEMENTING GASB STATEMENTS - TARC Resources A NEW FINANCIAL REPORTING MODEL FOR GOVERNMENTAL FUNDS PPRT REVENUE MISALLOCATION - TARC Recommended Accounting Treatment PPRT REVENUE MISALLOCATION UPDATE - TARC Recommended Accounting Treatment PUBLIC ACT 100-0023 - TARC Recommended Accounting Treatment SAS 112 RESOURCES TECHNICAL ACCOUNTING REVIEW COMMITTEE COMMENTS ON...